U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM

57 posts, read 132,240 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

My husband and I are planning our move to the springs this summer and have been advised to consider buying. We are a little hesitant to do so right off the bat, although that would be ideal. Whether or not we plan on buying, we'd like to find a reliable, knowledgeable realtor in the area to help us with our buying or renting options. I've looked up reviews and am surprised by the lack of reviews on Yelp--only a handful. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM

20,895 posts, read 39,157,087 times
Just a friendly reminder to our readers, including our realtor readers: Realtor recommendations are to not be posted in open forums, send those to the OP via DM.

I doubt if realtors will help with rentals, but our regulars on here will give you great info on any aspect of COLO SPGS that is of concern.

Padmapper.com shows rentals all over town, and ppar.com shows both rental and sale homes, both are map-based and easy to learn.

This forum has an index of key threads and our search tool is quite useful and easy to use.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM

727 posts, read 1,174,386 times
PM me and I'll give you the name and contact info of our real estate agent. She was referred to us by friends who used her when relocating from NoVA. She set up a personal 'website' for us with our parameters (size, # of bedrooms, preferred zipcodes, etc.) which was updated on a regular basis. This allowed us to keep track of the market and focus on certain houses in the neighborhoods we had previously scouted. All this for a full 3 years before we pulled the plug, were able to sell our house in VA and relocate to COS. It paid off for us. When we sold our house unexpectedly quickly (the second time on the market), we already knew of a half dozen houses were wanted to see. We flew into town, met with her, saw the houses we wanted to see, made an offer on one of them, had it accepted, and had the inspection scheduled and completed, all in four days. After we returned to VA, her assistant helped us finalize our loan with our mortgage company (already pre-approved) and other details that needed taken care of. All in all, the most painless home purchase we've made (our 8th).

Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 AM

193 posts, read 306,290 times
I know a wonderful agent for buying a home, and one for renting. PM me for either.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM

177 posts, read 236,501 times
And please remember that with the glut of realtors (as a result of the easy money given to deadbeats a few years ago) you NEVER have to pay the normal 6% commission. You can usually get them down to 4% and there are MANY that will be happy to work for you at that rate.

And the higher-priced the house is, you NEVER should pay a 6% commission!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 AM

193 posts, read 306,290 times
you don't owe the realtor anything if you are buying....other than what is worked into the price of the home. There should only be negotiating on the seller's end. Even if you are renting you should not be paying. They are working for the property owner.
Don't pay more than 0% commission....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs