Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteRJ View Post
We're here! I drove around ONEN for the first time today. LOVE IT. Now we just have to get somebody to buy OUR house in MD so we can start stalking houses the moment they're on the market in ONEN. There's one I love, but I can't believe it'll still be available when we're ready.

Welcome!

Hope things work out for you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 PM

930 posts, read 1,644,595 times
I hope things go well!

Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 PM

727 posts, read 1,359,195 times
Charlotte - Welcome to town. Hope you can score a house in ONEN. It's really a great neighborhood. Check out the ONEN website for activities. The housing market's picking up everywhere, so be prepared to move quickly. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:48 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,424,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdensbcs;
would move in a heartbeat to our Upper Skyway neighborhood of unique mid-century modernish homes with quick access to trails, schools, etc..
What's the ZIP for that area?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:17 PM

6,800 posts, read 10,422,221 times
There is some natural Mesa-like topography there, but there is also Gold Hill Mesa which is a big pile of mine tailings - nothing that I'd personally call a TRUE mesa like what you find in the western 1/3 of our state. I'd settle it as a draw.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:59 PM

727 posts, read 1,359,195 times
Charlotte: The ONEN boundaries are Uintah on the South, Monument Valley Park on the West, Wahsatch on the East (the boundary zig zags a bit in the alley between Wahsatch and Corona) north to Washington and then Shooks Run north to the Denver and Rio Grande RR tracks. Within those boundaries are the North End Historic district (Uintah on the South, Wood Avenue on the West, Madison on the North and the alley between Nevada and Weber on the East). Also included in the ONEN boundaries is the North Weber/Wahsatch historic district the boundaries of which are Uintah on the South, the alley between Nevada and Weber on the west (to Del Norte), the alley between Wahsatch and Corona on the east to Columbia, then west to the alley between Wahsatch and Weber north to Del Norte.

Source: 2008 Board of County Commissioners, El Paso County. Map located in Exploring The Old North End Neighborhood of Colorado Springs, a Guide to its History & Architecture, by Jennifer Wendler Lovell and Robert D. Loevy, 2010.

Official boundaries aside, in general, when most folks talk about ONEN, they're usually referring to the area roughly from Uintah north to Van Buren, Monument Valley Park to the west and Wahsatch to the east, though you can see from the above description, the official boundaries encompass a wider area.

BTW, the book I referenced above is an excellent resource for ONEN's archtecture and is organized into easy to complete walking tours of the area. Check the ONEN website to get copies.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:04 PM

409 posts, read 700,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
There is some natural Mesa-like topography there, but there is also Gold Hill Mesa which is a big pile of mine tailings - nothing that I'd personally call a TRUE mesa like what you find in the western 1/3 of our state. I'd settle it as a draw.
If it's natural, I'll call myself right.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:06 PM

409 posts, read 700,528 times
Carrera32 - thanks for the reminder about the book. Now that we're here I'll pick that up.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:17 PM

665 posts, read 1,286,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteRJ View Post
Carrera32 - thanks for the reminder about the book. Now that we're here I'll pick that up.
We just happened to get that book for a gift! I'd suggest hitting up Poor Richards for some pizza and that book!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,108 times
CharlotteRJ, Welcome to ONEN. Make sure you check out our facebook page to learn what is going on in the neighborhood. facebook.com/ONENcos

Bob Sullivan
ONEN President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs