Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM

598 posts, read 1,539,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
That's about the best looking autocross layouts I've seen; even I couldn't get lost on it. The acceleration on your Mustang is impressive. When it comes to the turns: Late apex, late apex, late apex.

Going to Pueblo for DE this weekend. You should check out the Mustang club or others for track days or DE ("Drivers Ed"), or just go to open track days at PPIR, HPR and Pueblo. Over the course of a weekend, I'll have about 2.5 hours of seat time in 20 minute segments on a full blown race track.

Glad you were able to get your pony out and exercise her a bit.
Thanks, I had a blast. I was humbled to say the least out there. Saw some very impressive cars and drivers. I've got a lot to learn for sure! Already looking forward to another event. Heading to Steamboat next month and will autocross up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 AM

193 posts, read 354,384 times
I apologize if this has been asked in the last 5 pages:

Did you do the actual work yourself? Drywall, electrical, etc? Just wondering if 4K includes labour.
I also looove that modular system. Would you mind sharing the cost for that alone? Nice place! Not letting my husband see it! (he will want the garage as well as basement and I like when my cars live inside).

Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 PM

598 posts, read 1,539,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcelmer View Post
I apologize if this has been asked in the last 5 pages:

Did you do the actual work yourself? Drywall, electrical, etc? Just wondering if 4K includes labour.
I also looove that modular system. Would you mind sharing the cost for that alone? Nice place! Not letting my husband see it! (he will want the garage as well as basement and I like when my cars live inside).
Thanks for the kind words.

I did most of the work (the time-consuming part) insulation, drywall, Flow Wall System, TV and all the decor. I had a contractor do the electrical work, and paint the drywall.

The modular cabinet system was the most expensive part of the process...I think right around $2,500 at the time. The system is awesome and provides me the flexibility of moving things around as I add/remove garage stuff. I've never been so organized. Plus, everything is now off the ground and I now have much more space for the vehicles and it's easy to sweep and hose out. I too like my cars inside.

I had a choice between the garage and basement and just didn't have the funds to finish the basement. Very happy I finished the garage and it's exactly what I've always wanted. Plus it's much more inviting for the neighbors as well. If I do decide to sell some day, the system will stay with the house, so I'm thinking the $4K investment will be worth it over the long haul.

Feel free to message me if you want references and other pricing info.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 PM

727 posts, read 1,359,098 times
OK Bullitt, enough talk of drywall and shelves. You need to get that Mustang out and really exercise it. i just got back from an awesome weekend at Pueblo Motorsports Track. Nudged 120 down the straight with my little 944; add another 10-15 for your 'Stang, depending on your engine (but I'll catch you in the corners). Over 2.5 hours of track time on a wonderful track. Get your Mustang Club buddies together and get some track days set up or just go to the track's open track days. Drive it like you stole it!!!

Old 04-24-2015, 10:48 AM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
You might have to upgrade from the mustang to one of these in 2016.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs