Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:54 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times

Advertisements

Also Bradley Rd. between Hancock and Grinnell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 07:21 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,211 times
Maybe I just don't get out enough, but in the eight months I've been here now I have not seen a single speed trap. Especially not downtown and north of downtown.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:36 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
Well and when I mention mine, I'm talking with 20 years experience, not just stuff I've seen recently. I don't think speed traps here are such a big deal, either. But, I usually go the speed limit, too.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:26 AM

670 posts, read 1,052,964 times
Pikes Peak trap is about monthly so be careful if you are on that stretch. Another popular one for motorcycle cops is on Nevada downtown approx. at the intersection with Bijou Street. I am a speed limit driver too so I don't have problems but I see a lot of drivers pinched in those two spots.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:03 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Instead of posting all the places where there are speed traps, how about everyone obeying the posted speeds, actually stopping at red lights and stop signs, learning what the word "yield" actually means, learning how to use a merge lane, etc.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:05 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Instead of posting all the places where there are speed traps, how about everyone obeying the posted speeds, actually stopping at red lights and stop signs, learning what the word "yield" actually means, learning how to use a merge lane, etc.
Thanks for the laugh, I think we'll see that around the same time people stop driving while on their phones or texting. I believe somewhere very warm has to freeze over first...

Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,714 times
Couldn't agree more Pheta! The merge thing kills me....why folks just don't use the open expanse of merge lane ahead, I'll never understand.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,099,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
QFT. No need to figure out where the "trap" is, just follow the law. I love seeing the jerks that couldn't follow it get punished. If they can't learn, they shouldn't drive.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
QFT. No need to figure out where the "trap" is, just follow the law. I love seeing the jerks that couldn't follow it get punished. If they can't learn, they shouldn't drive.
Yup, that's my viewpoint. Over the years I've never groused over getting a ticket because I deserved every one I ever got...except one.

Also had a weird experience driving up through South Carolina one year. I had gotten off the interstate and was on old US-17 (or maybe it was US-301). Not a village in sight. Suddenly a cop car. Got a ticket and the police officer said...in his southern drawl..."Now if you was to write a complimentary note about my attitude while givin' you this ticket when you send in the fine, I might just make sure you don't get any points on your license." I did...and indeed no points were assigned. Guess he'd had some problems in the past and needed to spruce up his record. I drove back that way a year later, and sure enough waaaay off in the distance was a tiny village...looked like about 5 houses...and I had missed a speed sign. Probably the only income the town had!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:39 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Maybe they shouldn't have the speed limits set artificially low & set them to more sensible numbers that people can see fit to actually adhere to. That so many people break the numbers speaks as to how ridiculously low they often-times are.

LRH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs