U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 PM

13 posts, read 16,282 times

Advertisements

Window World is great the base price is $189.00 if u pick up however the do install and the price is great. Check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:22 PM

2,483 posts, read 3,364,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsyland View Post
Window World is great the base price is $189.00 if u pick up however the do install and the price is great. Check them out.
That's a fine suggestion, but make sure you do some research before buying $189 windows. You usually get what you pay for, and what looks good on a showroom floor may not be what you really need when you're constantly relying it through cold winters, hot summers, and year-round noise.

This might be a decent place to start:
Replacement Window Reviews

Old 10-13-2013, 05:37 AM

4 posts, read 9,842 times
Default This is a crazy experience.

This is a crazy experience. I feel dirty after each meeting. There huge issue with these Salesmen. They arrive and inform me they are going to take an hour or more. They all give me the pitch bad mouthing every other brand and salesman. They use ridiculous verbiage, " Virgin Vinyl", when did plastic become chaste?
My biggest issue is these B S discounts. No-one has every heard a radio ads, but there is a 20%. How about a Friend's 10%. Then there is the adjustment, usually down to "work with me." They just want to put a sign in the yard.

Do people really fall for these TRICKS?

I am a believer in your one best price, no gimmicks. Everyone that gives these sales and discount loses me immediately. Still looking.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:58 AM

4,350 posts, read 4,391,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemperSD View Post
This is a crazy experience. I feel dirty after each meeting. There huge issue with these Salesmen. They arrive and inform me they are going to take an hour or more. They all give me the pitch bad mouthing every other brand and salesman. They use ridiculous verbiage, " Virgin Vinyl", when did plastic become chaste?
My biggest issue is these B S discounts. No-one has every heard a radio ads, but there is a 20%. How about a Friend's 10%. Then there is the adjustment, usually down to "work with me." They just want to put a sign in the yard.

Do people really fall for these TRICKS?

I am a believer in your one best price, no gimmicks. Everyone that gives these sales and discount loses me immediately. Still looking.
I share your aversion to the sales BS. I refuse to play their game. So far I had Window World come out and give me a very straightforward quote, $12480 for replacing 34 windows. I looked them up on Angies List and most customers are pleased. The quality of their product is very good. I'm still thinking about it.

I'm tempted to wait until next spring because I don't want them to try to do an install in freeing weather.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 AM

50 posts, read 61,091 times
I will back up the others. I have replaced windows twice. First time was a bad experience. The second time I went with Window World and have been very pleased. They offer a lot more than the $189 windows. But, after having done the research twice and sitting down with the sleazy salespeople of some other companies, I would recommend Window World in a heartbeat.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:11 PM

177 posts, read 219,917 times
I agree 100% w/ previous posters about positive reviews of Window World.

I had at least 6 window replacement quotes- from Champion, Anderson and a few of the other "local" companies. Some were over 3X the cost of Window World and from what I was seeing the quality is pretty much the same.

Window World had by far the best prices (at least $3k less than Champion) and I even got them to install a brand new front door as part of the deal.

I am very pleased!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs