U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM

66 posts, read 131,994 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Colorado in 5 weeks. I might have a job offer at USAA (will find out for sure this Friday) as a Financial Planner

It doesn't pay a lot to start (not as much as I could make as an Intelligence Analyst) but as a vet I hear USAA is a great place to work for and its a secure place. My intel career is great but most civilian contractors live in fear every day of having their contracts dropped. I have a family and am looking to settle down into something more solid.

Know anyone that works there? They seem great so far, but would love to hear from someone who is currently there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM

20,315 posts, read 37,820,570 times
Don't know anyone who works there but I can you that it's in my favorite part of town, with affordable housing nearby.

Use padmapper.com to see rentals and ppar.com to find both sales and rentals. Be careful with rentals found on Criagslist.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:00 PM

66 posts, read 131,994 times
Awesome thanks again Mike

Ill be there in a month

Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM

5,008 posts, read 6,691,539 times
My sister-in-law used to work there years ago. I don't remember any complaints, but I can't say for sure. I remember they had a nice day care for her children in-building.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM

291 posts, read 324,714 times
I bank with them and from my experience as a customer they are fantastic, I'd like to think that is because the company is run well with great people on the inside. Best of luck!

Old 10-15-2013, 01:32 PM

2,483 posts, read 3,353,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelgents View Post
I might have a job offer at USAA (will find out for sure this Friday) as a Financial Planner.
I thought they just handled insurance out of the COS office. I've used them for financial planning (and just about everything else). It would be nice to be able to go in and meet in person if needed. At that point I guess I'd know someone that works there, but right now I do not. Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,362,717 times
I will say they have a nice building as you can see it from the interstate.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:50 AM

727 posts, read 1,135,855 times
I can't speak to how they are as an employer, but, to echo Para's comments, as a customer I only have positive experiences. I joined USAA as an ROTC cadet more decades ago than I care to think about, and now have all my insurance with them, as well as banking and my mortgage. I've watched them grow from a limited life/auto insurance company for military officers to a financial conglomerate that has a multitude of cradle to grave services (even a full-blown retirement home complex in San Antonio) for just about anyone with a military connection. I've had three claims over the years, with no hassles whatsoever in getting settlements. One was storm damage to my house (a tree fell on it). They didn't even send out an adjustor or ask for estimates. Just told me to get it fixed and send them the bill. It used to be that a phone call got me immediately to a real live person, but now you have to jump through some hoops with their automated system, but after punching a few phone keys, you get through. In every case over the years, the people I've talked to have been polite and helpful. Arranging my mortgage was pain free. I had loan approval (not just qualification) on-line within an hour or so with a printed-out certificate to prove it. My real estate agent's assistant finished the paperwork directly with them with no hassles whatsoever.

Bottom line is I can't imagine a company that has great customer service and has grown so substantially over the years to offer a multitude of services wouldn't be a good place to work. When employees are unhappy, that unhappiness has a way of showing itself in its interactions with their customers. I've never experienced that with USAA's reps.

Good luck to you.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 10,100 times
I worked for 4 years as a insurance adviser in the San Antonio office. Working during the days taking call after call was horrible. Working nights was better. It's customer service. If you're going to be a face to face financial adviser then I say go for it. The company has good benefits and a good culture. A little too PC and corporate for my tastes, but it is what it is. You'll meet lots of nice people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs