U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:20 PM

309 posts, read 359,408 times

Advertisements

The other thing to remember about Flying Horse is the additional taxes you pay to live there. I don't remember exactly how much it is but when we were looking to build I did the math and it would have been an additional $125 or so a month to live in FH thanks to the higher HOA and taxes. We decided to build in Greyhawk (I hate stucco exteriors, so that had a lot to do with it, too)...our house is right across the street from Flying Horse, which works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 01:26 AM

8,602 posts, read 5,123,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david831 View Post
I plan on moving to Colorado around early july with a friend and girlfriend. we have been looking at Colorado springs and few houses in Northgate Estates. and I was just wondering what the winters are like around that area. we are looking for places that have good snowfall during the winters.
We lived in Castle Rock in the early nineties. My wife's best friend came to visit us our on Labor Day weekend of our second year there. We advised her to prepare for any and all kinds of weather. On the Saturday before she was to fly home it was 90F and we sat on the deck in shorts. On Sunday morning we got up to take her to the airport and there was six inches of snow on the ground. The wife's friend was in complete shock, being from Kentucky.

Yup, Colorado weather is more diverse, more quickly than any of the many places we have resided. Lord knows I miss it.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:39 AM

23 posts, read 34,731 times
so we have narrowed it down between the northgate area and briargate. whats your thoughts between the two? we've had a pretty dry winter in california. how has it been in CS so far?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:00 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,084,499 times
Northgate is a little newer than Briargate so probably newer homes there, but they are both nice areas.

We had about 4 or 5 inches of snow a few weeks ago, and it is still on the ground in places. We just got through an unusual streak of about a week bitter cold weather, but temps should be up in the 50's this week, until Friday. We get most of our snow in February and March I think.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:50 AM

409 posts, read 558,645 times
Quote:
so we have narrowed it down between the northgate area and briargate. whats your thoughts between the two? we've had a pretty dry winter in california. how has it been in CS so far?

The best thing you can do is get here, drive around, look at houses and neighborhoods. If it's between Northgate and Briargate, it's probably going to come down to the house and property that works for you (and school, if you need it). Briargate has more shops and restaurants now, but Northgate will be developing soon. And from Northgate, it's just a hop down the road to Briargate and to services.

I forget - I think you said that you were renting? If you were buying, I'd hazard a guess that Northgate would be the better long-term investment. Granted, Briargate is established, but there are more strip malls, more traffic, and it's starting to get that "older suburb feel". Which isn't bad, in fact, I like how it feels more tree-lined than I expected, but developers are looking at Northgate because that's where the money is moving.

But that advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:20 AM

20,315 posts, read 37,826,095 times
David, both are fine. New homes in both areas, and more coming during 2014. For the Briargate area search on zip 80920.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:13 PM

641 posts, read 1,956,091 times
Briargate is very nice. I'm not postive about it, but I think the properties would be priced quite a bit higher in the North Gate area than Briargate.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:12 PM

23 posts, read 34,731 times
^ ya it seems there are a lot more choices at briargate than at north gate. but does anyone think north gate is worth the little bit more money over briargate?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:58 AM

1,207 posts, read 4,140,580 times
Quote:
^ ya it seems there are a lot more choices at briargate than at north gate. but does anyone think north gate is worth the little bit more money over briargate?
North Gate is generally newer. Briargate does have a lot more choices, with a wider range of age and size. There are neighborhoods with mature trees and landscape that you won't find in North Gate. Briargate is also closer to the major commercial areas> Powers and Academy. There are other things that would come into play, such as schools and job location, although both have great schools (D-20), and they are not extremely far apart.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:02 AM

409 posts, read 558,645 times
Between the two, again, it's going to depend on what you want for a house.

We had a weird need - a basement with 9' ceilings. That was much more available in the newer homes that we found in Northgate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or