Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,048,180 times

Advertisements

I would say that if you are in sight of the car then it is considered attended by you, not the 2 yr old.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,638 times
Even if they are in sight how would stop them from being kidnapped if you are to far away? Or what if some one ran into your parked car with your kid in it? Heck what if you had a leaking exhaust on your car and didn't know it and it poisoned your kid?

I can go on and on about how wrong this is. Heck to me it is almost thet same as letting your kid play with a opened knife.

Just my imo and one I will stand by no matter what.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,926,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
I am one of thos nosy parents who do NOT believe it is ever right to leave your kid unattended in car.

To me someone seems either super lazy or not of the right mind to leave a kid in a by themselves.
Quote:
Even if they are in sight how would stop them from being kidnapped if you are to far away? Or what if some one ran into your parked car with your kid in it? Heck what if you had a leaking exhaust on your car and didn't know it and it poisoned your kid?

I can go on and on about how wrong this is. Heck to me it is almost thet same as letting your kid play with a opened knife.

Just my imo and one I will stand by no matter what.

Just put your two year old's socks back on and bring the child with you. Or maybe you can get a special pair of slippers for the car and put those on. Then carry your two year old with you, PLEASE.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,849 times
All these people over-reacting on here. (typical)

I happen to agree that the best thing is to take the younger child inside too, and I stated that previously. But I have kids about the same age and I know how difficult seemingly little things can be when your 2-year old is not co-operating and you're already frazzled from endless days and nights of just trying to be a decent parent. So labeling someone as 'lazy', 'negligent' or otherwise a bad parent is pretty ignorant and a little mean. My guess is that either none of you have been parents yet, or maybe you were one a number of years ago and have forgotten how challenging it really is just to deal with the basics of life when you're already about to lose your mind from dealing with young children 24/7. The last thing you need is someone glaring and judging you from afar.

And yes I do realize she asked for it, but still...

Old 10-31-2013, 02:24 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post

I happen to agree that the best thing is to take the younger child inside too, and I stated that previously. But I have kids about the same age and I know how difficult seemingly little things can be when your 2-year old is not co-operating and you're already frazzled from endless days and nights of just trying to be a decent parent. So labeling someone as 'lazy', 'negligent' or otherwise a bad parent is pretty ignorant and a little mean. My guess is that either none of you have been parents yet, or maybe you were one a number of years ago and have forgotten how challenging it really is just to deal with the basics of life when you're already about to lose your mind from dealing with young children 24/7. The last thing you need is someone glaring and judging you from afar.

Well said

Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times
If it hasn't been mentioned couldn't you have a remote starter that would allow you to keep the door and windows locked, because we are talking about what a few minutes. I have never heard of, could of happened of course, a thief breaking a window or door to steal a puffer.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:50 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,749,743 times
Your question seems to be, in relationship to the law, if there is a person inside (albeit a 2 year old), is it considered "attended"?

No, a 2 year old child would not make your running vehicle become "attended."

In fact, doing so could, by letter of the law, be indicative of "neglect."

Perhaps while you are researching with the law the definition of "unattended," also look up the definition of "neglect" in regards to leaving a toddler in a running vehicle unattended.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:53 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times
Now that I think of it, I would avoid it, not enough reward to risk IMO. Car stolen in 3 min unlikely with remote starter, but a visit from CPS not worth it.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:05 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,638 times
Actually I have a 20 year old son and a 7 year old daughter.

And I not going to lie and say I never thought about doing what is mentioned in this thread but I have never done this.

Pretty funny you are blasting me for "labeling" some one because of their actions but you are "calling" me ignorant.

And who cares if some one is glaring from a far. You do what you want to do and in the long run if some one doesn't agree then oh well, they say what they want to say. But I still stand by what I said regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post

Old 10-31-2013, 04:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,849 times
Quote:
Actually I have a 20 year old son and a 7 year old daughter. And I not going to lie and say I never thought about doing what is mentioned in this thread but I have never done this. Pretty funny you are blasting me for "labeling" some one because of their actions but you are "calling" me ignorant. :roll eyes: And who cares if some one is glaring from a far. You do what you want to do and in the long run if some one doesn't agree then oh well, they say what they want to say. But I still stand by what I said regardless.
No one's labeling you. I semi-quoted a word that you said in one of your posts but my comments were not aimed directly at you. I also didn't "call" you or anyone else ignorant. I said that labeling people is an act of ignorance. Which it is, right?

You have a 20-y-o and a 7-y-o. That was my point. 7 years (or even 4 or 5) is enough to forget some of the details of how hard it really was and just recall the more positive aspects. You may not have ever done exactly what the OP did, which is good for you. But did you ever do anything else that someone else would have seen as neglect or laziness or foolishness or whatever? If so, did some part of you care that people were making ill-informed assumptions about you as a parent? You apparently cared that I was "blasting" you on an anonymous forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs