U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,957 times

Advertisements

Thinking about hiring a Property Management company in the Springs. I own a home off of Stetson HIlls and Powers. I have a tenant in there now but things just aren't working out very well. I suppose I can be very passive and the female tenant is going through a hard time though the rent has been paid....other damages to the property have not been handled by her. Wondering if a Property Manager would just be the way to go and handle her and get things resolved and move on.

I have HOA as well thus the need to keep yard upkept which I put in the lease.

Can anyone recommend a property manager in town? Military family so if know of one that works with them that would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM

12,881 posts, read 10,845,125 times
I'm going to give you a suggestion you may not have considered.
(You may know the prop man company will want money to be held in escrow to take care
of repairs without botherng you in the middle of the night, right?$100s. And take a percentage each
month, used to be 10%, now idunno. Just thought I would mention)

Temporarily hire someone for 2 months to be 'the heavy'.
Maybe a friend or their son...explain what you need done....even it it means sending
a notice of eviction and in, what?, 21-30 days is it....have the sheriff come to place
their belongings outdoors.
Get a tenant in their with a good job and let the temp friend/manager go, as per discussed.

I have a 35 yr old that stopped doing this to move, but he is still here; he may
do it for a couple months to help you.
You live so far East, so I dunno...he's on the Westside.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,957 times
Oh no it wouldn't just be two months but till I return to the area...if I ever do. I know how much they cost, that's why I'm asking for recommendations. Instead of me having the headache of dealing with it because I live in Germany now. Because if they don't pay the rent, I am not readily available to just show up and do the eviction process.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:13 PM

9,898 posts, read 6,346,034 times
I don't know if we are permitted to name names here in this forum, so I'm sending you a message real quick...I got one I want to warn you about, and one that might work out...

Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Status: "Snow in the high country and I'm missing it!" (set 1 day ago)

4,677 posts, read 6,768,080 times
A property manager is a good idea. I live in a condo complex near Tucson with quite a few out of state, privately owned condos who use VRBO or Corporate agencies for temporary, or seasonal renters. With an HOA, it's almost imperative to have a manager. The manager will keep the tenants in compliance with the CC&R's and the Rules & Regs so you're not hassled or fined by the HOA if your tenant doesn't follow the CC&R's.

Here in Tucson, property managers are usually affiliated with a realty firm, and they'll also find tenants for you when needed, and can arrange to have house cleaning people clean thoroughly in between tenants. They will also arrange for repairs when needed, freeing you from that chore, and be the middle man between you and your tenant, so you won't deal directly with the tenant. They charge a percentage of the rent for managing (at least the one who handles many of the condos in my complex) and might charge a finder's fee if they get you the tenant. They'll also charge you if you choose to use their clean-out services or housekeeping services. I'd check with the various larger real estate companies in town, or go online and Google rental property managers and see what's out there. It's best to have a P.M. just to cover your butt if one of your tenants is unruly or doesn't follow the Rules and Regs, breaks or steals something, and so on.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:02 AM

19 posts, read 16,619 times
We are looking to rent our condo soon - please PM me with any recommendations. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or