U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 04:49 AM

26 posts, read 24,436 times

Advertisements

Thanks coloradonewbie1! LOVE Cece Winans! Have her Christmas CD, "His Gift"!

Blessings, Janet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,046 times
I've just started looking for something similar. We're an AA family, too, and while I was raised in a traditional black church, I'm looking for something different. My family and I have been touring a few churches and I have only a few preferences:

Sunday School my kids like
Ethnic diversity
Come as you are (not going to pay an arm and a leg for "church clothes")
Choir (I don't like the rock band stuff, either)
Inspirational pastor (don't bring up political stuff!!)

Is that too much to ask? I thought I had found that at Church for All Nations (Powers & Dublin), but it was completely obvious that the pastor and I were on different sides of the political spectrum. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but church is not the place for your political opinions!!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM

5,011 posts, read 6,700,875 times
I think there are just so many churches and each is different and may change over time depending on leadership, etc., - there is really no way to know if a church is for you or not except by going and 'trying it out' for yourself....

Old 03-22-2014, 06:16 PM

8 posts, read 11,782 times
Thanks everyone for all the responses! I know I just need to visit places, but since what I'm looking for is not what the majority of churches offer, it seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack. Thanks for the ideas. I will start there and network my way to the right one if those first choices don't work. Much obliged!

Old 08-03-2014, 01:26 AM

1 posts, read 858 times
Hey,

Anyone found anything yet? I'm white, but am used to the type of praise and worship that goes on in places like World Harvest Church in Columbus, OH or Paula White's in Tampa or LA churches. Those have been my bases for years. Now I've moved to Colorado Springs a year ago and am wondering where my soul brothers and sisters at? For now my home church is The Springs Church, but today I'm visiting Payne Chapel AME Church, cause it's my birthday and my gospel choir withdrawal is too painful I've been to AME churches before, though, and they're a far cry from Potter's House. It may be the best there is to offer here, though. Good luck. And pleeeease let me know if you find cultural diversity and good contemporary Gospel music! Thank you

- Joy

Old 08-03-2014, 08:17 PM

5,011 posts, read 6,700,875 times
You might check Israelite Church of God in Christ at
Address: 123 Security Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Phone877) 772-9938

Old 04-11-2018, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 150 times
Well, it is 2018 and I am once again looking for the church that is all-inclusive (diverse in staff, congregation and music). I did a search on "most diverse church in Colorado Springs" and this blog came up. I am hoping that everyone that posted here 4 years ago has found there places. After many years of being in God's crazy, wonderful family and having been a part of great ministries and ministries who make you pray really hard (smile), I have come to the conclusion in order to find the group in a building that represents the true church - everyone who has said yes to the Lord, one has to look at leadership. If the leadership and staff are not diverse, then more than likely, the congregation and the worship will not be either. Unfortunately, we people tend to include and embrace who and what we are most comfortable with. The closest church, that I know of and have visited, that comes closest to what our heart (the heart of God) seeks is Calvary Worship Center ([url]http://www.cwccs.org/home[/url]), 501 Castle Road, 80904, 719.632.3311. The leadership is diverse, the congregation is diverse, the music is diverse, even sang a praise and worship in Spanish. I would like them to include, if they haven't already, some Christian Rap and Hip-Hop and I am 60 years old. LOL. There is still some young people we aren't reaching/embracing. (I love the way young people today go hard after Jesus!!!) The teaching at Calvary is biblical and sound and they have great community groups, even support for people dealing with loved ones who are challenged with dementia. As I write this, I am motivating myself to take the hike - Black Forest to the West side - and enjoy the church which is probably truly the most diverse in Colorado Springs. Hope this info is a blessing!

Last edited by HeartforDiversity; 04-11-2018 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Add church website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs