Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I love Pueblo and hate Colorado Springs but if you are going to work in Colorado Springs you might as well live there if you can. I think it would be easier them commuting every day.
Why do u hate colo springs? Because it took pueblo's spot in the limelight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHuffLove View Post
What is the best way to adjust to the altitude if visiting from near sea level?
We bought a house at 7000 feet coming from sea level and I had a hard time breathing at night. Diamox helps a lot during that hardest first week.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 PM

11 posts, read 31,689 times
In Pueblo tonight, looks like a nice city, very friendly, off to COS in the morning. What a beautiful state Colorado is.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdove72 View Post
In Pueblo tonight, looks like a nice city, very friendly, off to COS in the morning. What a beautiful state Colorado is.
Amen.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:40 AM

133 posts, read 486,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
I don't think Pueblo is any drier than COS and it certainly can be warmer in the summer, but often it is colder in the winter. Just something to keep in mind.

Why would Pueblo be colder than Springs? It's a bit further south in the state is my way of thinking. That's really why we chose that location, for the south/warmth without the extremes of humidity and heat most of the year of other warm places. I'm born/raised in Wisconsin, so I can handle whatever is there. Husband is strictly southern born, so anything south of Wisconsin is a huge improvement to him!

Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 AM

727 posts, read 1,366,058 times
I think you'll find Pueblo to be a few (2-3 usually) degrees warmer than COS. No scientific research here, just observations from watching the nightly news forecasts for the two cities.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Also it seems to me that the further north or west you are (higher altitude) the more snow you get. The northern Colorado Springs areas nearer Monument get more than Fountain to the south, and I'd imagine more than Pueblo. The western areas up the skirts of the mountains, they get more too.

Again, I think the thing that bugs me about Pueblo and some areas of the Springs that are far enough out to the plains, is that you do get dust storms. Sometimes they have to close highways due to no visibility in the blowing dust. We're almost out on the fringes, in Security-Widefield, and sometimes on my way home I can look in certain directions and see blowing dust in the distance, but it never seems to be bad in my neighborhood or immediate surroundings.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM

801 posts, read 2,212,186 times
A lot depends on exactly where you stick your thermometer. If you want to really compare average high and low temperatures, you might to go the Western Region Climate Center website and click on the various locations to see the difference:

Colorado

Old 02-14-2014, 04:07 PM

Pueblo is at a lower altitude so it should be warmer.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,098,599 times
Pueblo is slightly warmer, year round. Due to higher humidity, the feels like won't always reflect that. Humidity makes the hot feel hotter, and the cool feel cooler. When it is cold and humid in Pueblo, it will feel colder than Co. Springs. When it is hot and humid, it may feel much hotter.

Note that "humid" is being used relatively, compared to Co. Springs. Compared to the Midwest, Pueblo has very low humidity. Based on individual days, either city might be warmer, but Pueblo's lower altitude causes it to be warmer. Denver is also warmer than Co. Springs, even though it is farther north, because of the lower altitude. Note Denver is only warmer by 2 degrees on average, while Pueblo is about 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs