U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 AM

409 posts, read 558,284 times

Advertisements

I think that it might be situational. Most people going on with their daily lives are going to have the same stresses as elsewhere. But customer service? Here, it can't be beat. Doing a blind inquiry into something, whether it's reservations at a nice restaurant, calling a school and asking for information, dropping off stuff at Goodwill, or asking about storage rental will always get you somebody with a smile and a good attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 10:08 AM

9,764 posts, read 6,282,029 times
This is that thing I have talked about so many times (gads, maybe in this thread even? Hope I'm not redundant.) I feel like the people I grew up with back in VA were superficially rude (customer service included) but nice underneath it. People in WA were the polar opposite. Downright sugary nice sometimes, and just waiting for an angle to con you with. Not all of them. But I saw it. I had friends who always seemed to want something from me. But at least they showed up when you made plans. In VA, I don't know how many times I've had people just flake out on plans and not call, and act like that's OK. Common courtesies, totally lost on many of the folks I've known in the east.

Here we've got that glorious middle ground...where people I've experienced are very polite, but also genuine. I have noticed that if anything some folks are kind of guarded at first. It took me longer to get close to my coworkers and get on a wavelength where we communicated effectively...but everyone seems nice and no one seems like they're out to take advantage.

But then I've only been here a couple years now, that's barely long enough to form an opinion. I'll let ya know what I think after a couple more years have gone by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or