Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 09:06 AM

48 posts, read 116,542 times

Advertisements

Will probably be working in the area starting February 10th and will then be looking for a 1 bdrm apartment on the north side of town. Would appreciate any comments/referrals.
Is anyone familiar with the Villages at Woodmen apartments? Thanks.

Last edited by Ronnie-N; 01-21-2014 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie-N View Post
Will probably be working in the area starting February 10th and will then be looking for a 1 bdrm apartment on the north side of town. Would appreciate any comments/referrals.
Is anyone familiar with the Villages at Woodmen apartments? Thanks.
padmapper.com can help
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:20 PM

27 posts, read 84,615 times
I live in the villages at woodmen. I overall like it here, its located on woodmen and academy so I can go places pretty easily and its down the street from the north academy shopping area. Everybody I've met is pretty friendly, and the office staff is awesome IMHO. some of the things that do bug me is that the building shares all utilities but electricity, so utilities are split amongst every unit based on size and occupants, and the washers and dryers have a bad habit of eating a quarter every now and then (luckily Coinmach is pretty good about reimburseing you). Rather you'd like it or not is up to if you mind the style and type of apartments this is. I would suggest to you to come by and have a tour and get a feel for the style. But again the biggest reason why I like it so much is the location and proximity to everything.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:30 AM

48 posts, read 116,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusyn View Post
I live in the villages at woodmen. I overall like it here, its located on woodmen and academy so I can go places pretty easily and its down the street from the north academy shopping area. Everybody I've met is pretty friendly, and the office staff is awesome IMHO. some of the things that do bug me is that the building shares all utilities but electricity, so utilities are split amongst every unit based on size and occupants, and the washers and dryers have a bad habit of eating a quarter every now and then (luckily Coinmach is pretty good about reimburseing you). Rather you'd like it or not is up to if you mind the style and type of apartments this is. I would suggest to you to come by and have a tour and get a feel for the style. But again the biggest reason why I like it so much is the location and proximity to everything.
Thanks for your response. I am now in town and living in a hotel. I have noticed some comments about high water bills in apartments. What would I expect to pay for water and other utilities for 1 person in a 1 bedroom apartment? Also cable and internet cost? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:37 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
Depends a lot of where you live. My water bill never goes above $35, but my parents' can go over a hundred in summer - those are both for houses with yards. Cable - if you bundle with Internet as most do you're looking somewhere between 100 and 200.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,098,599 times
I'm currently paying 20$/month for internet, 40down/5up no bundle, and water bills average 65-75/month for my house hold.

The best prices on internet come from calling centurylink and looking for a promotion. They have some great stuff if you will agree to keep their internet for a year, and if you move they will just hook up internet at your new location. I know for sure, because I moved under contract and they happily just hooked up my house when we moved in, and disconnected the old apartment. I don't think new residents can get the 40down/5up at that price, but since I was already at that speed they offered to keep my speed there when they gave me the promotional price.

I have no idea about cable, I don't own or want to own a TV.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:15 PM

27 posts, read 84,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie-N View Post
Thanks for your response. I am now in town and living in a hotel. I have noticed some comments about high water bills in apartments. What would I expect to pay for water and other utilities for 1 person in a 1 bedroom apartment? Also cable and internet cost? Thanks.
Well last month I paid about $23 for water, I do live in a 2 bedroom with 2 people so its more than what you'd pay. utilities (except electricity) are shared amongst residents of each building. It's split up according to numbers of rooms/size your apt is and number of occupants in your apt. Electricity is the only thing metered individually amongst apts.
as far as internet and tv, you have a few options depending on what your apt is facing (south facing can get satellite) the two big ISPs are Comcast and Centurylink, with Comcast you can get internet, tv, voice service in any apt, centurylink currently only offers voice, internet here (they say they are going to make PrismTV available here) but they have a deal with DirecTV for satellite. there are other ISPs that you may get service with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs