U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 AM

5,005 posts, read 6,681,120 times

Advertisements

Anyone see this past week's episode of American Pickers? My parents told me they went to Leadville and Colorado Springs so I caught it On Demand. The guy they went to see in Colorado Springs lives on E. Costilla just East of that train bridge by Shooks Run....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 08:56 AM

575 posts, read 669,214 times
Missed it, I will need to catch it on On Demand, I love that show. I think I know the place though, they had a TB Hut from the old sanitarium (now UCCS) out front for a while. I wanted to get that and turn into a backyard playhouse.

One of these, but it was in need of some TLC
http://radiocoloradocollege.org/wp-c...g-the-Deed.jpg

Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,439,786 times
Saw the 2 Colorado episodes and enjoyed them both. Last week they were in Steamboat picking Lockhart Auctions. I met Cookie a little more than 20 years ago when I was working radio in high school. She was a cut-up back then, too.

The only thing that irritated me about the shows were the interstitial scenery shots they took. Yeah, they were from Colorado but they were a mish-mash of several locales at the same time. They showed Whitelely Peak between Kremmling and Steamboat multiple times during both episodes, and while they were supposedly travelling to Steamboat (and also from Aspen to Leadville & Leadville to CO Springs) they threw in shots of the Bookcliffs and I-70 Westbound in Grand Junction. I also spotted Twin Lakes on more than one occasion. It made me realize that all those distance shots they take depicting them "on the road" are complete crap.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:47 PM

5,005 posts, read 6,681,120 times
Yes, I noticed that too that the scenery shots were all messed up. BTW, if you like shows that address Colorado Springs, then you have to watch Lieutenant Joe Kenda: Homicide Hunter on Investigative Discovery. It is entirely about old Colorado Springs murder cases he solved - such as the Diane Hood case. The scenery is better, but obviously modern and they don't try to fix it - like they'll be talking about a case in the 1980's and act it out in the places as they are now, even with modern cars, etc. It is funny watching the former news anchors like Sandra Mann giving their "weigh-ins" on the cases, too. The show is interesting and well done, but more so if you're a local who was here when this stuff happened and recall reading it in the newspaper.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:10 PM

20,304 posts, read 37,790,850 times
One may view these on their PCs but must log into their web service first, i.e., Xfinity (comcast). We like the show and just watched the one where they visited the old Tabor Opera House in Leadville and a salvage yard in Colorado Springs.

Yes, the editing and cutting was confusing, one shot in the high country and two seconds later a shot in a city neighborhood, or from snowy weather to sunny and dry. Funny thing was they took a "shortcut" over a mountain pass to reach Leadville and were unable to make it to the top on the snowy road with their rear wheel drive van and had to get help to turn around.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or