U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:45 PM

9,940 posts, read 6,352,013 times

Advertisements

So my 14 year old had his heart set on laser tag for his birthday at the end of March. But the one we've been to has now closed. A quick Google shows that there's a "Family Fun" place with bad reviews way up north, an outdoor place (and with March weather, I don't want to bank on that) by Ft. Carson, and a "Shotz" place again with less than stellar reviews...I don't like the looks of any of that. I think that any of the three looks like a disappointment compared to the one that closed down.

Does anyone have any ideas for a teenager boy's birthday? He wants to do something with his friends but I'm really drawing a blank here... Is there a Glow Golf, or an arcade (besides the one in Manitou) or something that I'm just not seeing in my searches? Any little known local gems? Ideas?

*sigh* ...teenagers...

EDIT: I see Glowgolf in the mall there now...has anybody done that? Is it fun? Lame?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 03:59 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,355,936 times
Are you opposed to the idea of giving cash? It's the present that doesn't need to be returned, & eliminates the need for mind reading. Best wishes!

[quote=Sonic_Spork;3365086)

Does anyone have any ideas for a teenager boy's birthday? He wants to do something with his friends but I'm really drawing a blank here... Is there a Glow Golf, or an arcade (besides the one in Manitou) or something that I'm just not seeing in my searches? Any little known local gems? Ideas?

*sigh* ...teenagers...

EDIT: I see Glowgolf in the mall there now...has anybody done that? Is it fun? Lame?[/quote]

Old 02-26-2014, 04:03 PM

1,207 posts, read 4,150,222 times
The Archery Hut | Where the Hunting and Target Stories Never End

^^This. I would've loved to do this....still would actually.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the input, vfrpilot and GJJG2012...my youngest son would love that archery thing, gonna have to keep that in mind. My older son, probably not so much.

I'm giving Brunswick Zone XL another look. Some of the reviews are troubling. Especially the ones about incorrect credit card charges...guess maybe I'll just bring cash, if we do this...

They do seem to have a lot of the "teen fun" bases covered though. Bowling, laser tag, arcade, and even billiards for his dad and I to go play on, when we finally tire of embarrassing him in front of his friends...

Old 02-26-2014, 05:39 PM

482 posts, read 934,083 times
^ I've been to Brunswick Zone XL a couple of times and had fun there. Even for an adult, it was a fun place for friends' birthdays. Staff was great and didn't have any complaints about the place. Decent food, as well but pretty much pub-style.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,935,314 times
what about Paintball. There are a few around here.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 PM

5,024 posts, read 6,729,270 times
I've done the GlowGolf - it is probably not as cool as Laser Tag would've been. It is basically two mini golf courses inside a big warehouse space in the dark with a lot of UV light glowing stuff. They don't make you do the courses in order and you can play as long as you like. They also have some other games that rotate through from time to time that can be cool - the last time I was there there was a game where you had to try to get through a laser beam maze without setting off the alarm by crossing a beam - that cost extra and I don't know if it is still there.

Is Itz too young for your son?

Paintball is awesome but I think it is expensive and the only ones I know of are outside and could be iffy in March.

Another option could be to go to the arcades in Manitou - it would be more informal - i.e. you'd have to do the organizing, but that place is fun for all ages.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,704 times
They are boys! There has to be something! We might not live there yet but here are a couple of ideas:

Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park > ColoradoSprings This isn't open yet and I can't find a date anywhere. Maybe a drive by and there might be a sign out. When we went to the one near us I noticed a lot of groups of young teens having a blast. An hour is plenty of time by the way.

What about swimming? I see there are a bunch of YMCA facilities. Boys do tend to rough house quite a bit so enlist extra parents if your group is big.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:32 AM

1,455 posts, read 2,095,606 times
What about a climbing wall place?

Old 02-27-2014, 12:35 PM

So I think we're decided...we're gonna give Brunswick Zone XL a shot. I will let you guys know what I think and if we have any weird issues with charges or whatever...never know what to think with internet reviews sometimes.

It'z doesn't look quite as cool, and my son is turning 15 so I want something that is slightly adult-ish without crossing over into the realm of completely adult. If that makes sense? He's inviting a couple of girls (his girlfriend and the girl that I WISH was his girlfriend--LOL, I hope there is no drama!!) so at least a place like Brunswick will have a little more "something for everyone."

Manitou's arcade is awesome, and we adore it, but you are outdoors quite a bit going from one part to another, we prefer to do Manitou during more reliably warm seasons. Paintball is also outside...and Eric (my boy) says he had bruises last time, and doesn't want to invite the girls to do that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs