U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 10:38 AM

4,326 posts, read 4,350,986 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who has an unregistered junk car parked on the city street in front of his house? Is that legal?

If not, which city department is supposed to enforce the law? I'm sure the cops have no time for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 11:17 AM

12,620 posts, read 10,732,308 times
Believe it or not it is not legal to park a trailer you would haul behind you with branches
UNtagged, UNregistered on your back lot or behind your property.
Esp facing an alley where someone could complain to Code Enforcement.

Unless your residential neighbrhood is zoned for Salvage...no car could be
anywhere on your property, let alone on the street. All street vehicles even
without motors have to be up to date on their registration.
Yellow pages has a huge list of departments..pothole reporting, animal issues,
Illegal street parking, you name it....it may be under El Paso County Government..
start there...if u are not comp savvy.

And, btw, no cars on your grass...u must have a certain depth of gravel underneath a vehicle.

(He can't place a tarp over the car in his back yard either....on blocks...no way....
our homes are not zoned for Salvage.)
Hope this helps.

EDIT: Btw, place a note on it (orange paper is the best!)...at night.
Tell him the law...give him a 5 days to fix the problem or u will be reporting him.
Then u don't have to look up the # !!

Old 03-01-2014, 01:13 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,080,586 times
Try code enforcement. You can file a complaint online here: Code Enforcement Complaint Form - Colorado Springs Police Department

Old 03-01-2014, 03:09 PM

177 posts, read 218,461 times
Any car (yes, ANY car) that is not moved every 72 hours (per law in C/S) can be ticketed by Code Enforcement (see previous post for link).

I had a neighbor that always did that with his cars and every few days he had his cars towed courtesy of ME! Funny thing is is the guy has a two car garage but fills it up w/ crap, thus has to park his cars all over the street. Seems to be pretty common unfortunately.

Eventually he got the hint.

Just because I did not have a car parked in front of my house some people assumed they could park their crap in front of my house all of the time and I would not care. I do care, and some people are just jerks.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:54 AM

641 posts, read 1,954,356 times
Definitely complete a complaint for Code Enforcement...I have had to do that on several occassions for inconsiderate neighbors, and it actually resolved the issues......at least for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs