Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Unless you have a diesel truck, and live in the city limits.
The program area map at http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...ame=RMVWrapper looks like it covers all of El Paso County west of Peyton Hwy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Acutally, there are very few states that do not require a VIN inspection for vehicles that have been registered in another state and are being titled and registered in the new state of residence of the vehicle owner. The only usual exception is a new vehicle that has never been registered elsewhere that has a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO).
Could be that it was something that the person performing the registration could just step out and check in the parking lot...but I don't recall every having to go to a dealer or somewhere and getting a piece of paper to bring with me.

Heck, maybe they're doing it right in this state, if it streamlines the process at the DMV, huh?

I know in Washington I did not have to get one to register my vehicle that I'd brought from Iowa. But I did have to change the title over to a WA title. Here you don't have to do that, although you can if you want (I did since I doubt if I'm ever going back to WA.)

Old 03-18-2014, 10:45 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
Make sure you registered the vehicle in your original state. If you buy it in another state and move to Colorado 3 days later without having registered it, you'll have to pay sales tax. In that case, you would want to immediately register it in the other state upon purchasing it, file your change of address, and wait for a month or so to get your paperwork in the mail. If you have not registered it into your name in the other state, you would pay sales tax.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 AM

54 posts, read 74,385 times
Quick question that is kinda related...In CO does the DMV laminate your driver's license right there or do ya have to wait for it to arrive in the mail in a few weeks? I am moving to CO a May 1st. I am eager to have my CO DL the following day when I arrive.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagumol View Post
Quick question that is kinda related...In CO does the DMV laminate your driver's license right there or do ya have to wait for it to arrive in the mail in a few weeks? I am moving to CO a May 1st. I am eager to have my CO DL the following day when I arrive.

It takes about a week to get your driver's license in the mail. They punch a hole in your previous state's ID and then give you a piece of paper (temporary ID) stapled to the old ID that states you are now a resident of CO.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 PM

193 posts, read 356,204 times
Are you military?

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
Good point JCelmer. Requirements for active military are more relaxed.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 PM

399 posts, read 562,983 times
I've got a 30-day tag on a new car, want to register in CO when we get there in 3 weeks. Anyone see an issue with registering a new car with 30-day tag that hasn't been registered in any other state? Active-duty military.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs