Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:08 PM

8,604 posts, read 14,885,270 times

Advertisements

Latest round of documents suggests an inappropriate physical relationship with one of the subordinates he promoted up the chain.

From 9News:

In another 2008 email, Sheriff Maketa writes to Cardarelle: "My focus is on you!!! Has been since we started talking and even more intense after making love to you…"

Personal emails emerge in Sheriff Maketa controversy

Will he resign or will he attempt to drag his feet long enough to ensure he serves out the remainder of his term? Either way I think any political aspirations he had are gone.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 05-29-2014 at 10:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 11:08 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,720 times
Fall from grace, indeed! I'll have to dig a little deeper for the link but I recall the Independent bringing this up a few years ago. Nobody paid attention then, but they sure are now.

Speaking of "dirty" politicians in the Pikes Peak region, did you hear about the allegations against mayor Turley in Woodland Park?

Woodland Park Residents Stunned Over Arrest Of Mayor | The Mountain Jackpot News

Old 05-29-2014, 11:20 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,058 times
The Indy printed the story March 11, 2010. See the current Indy (May 28-June 3, 2014) p. 14.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:33 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
The Indy printed the story March 11, 2010. See the current Indy (May 28-June 3, 2014) p. 14.
Thanks for that. I knew I'd read it but I haven't had a chance to read this week's Indy. I'll have to snag a copy before Wednesday rolls around again.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:19 AM

17 posts, read 35,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
Thanks for that. I knew I'd read it but I haven't had a chance to read this week's Indy. I'll have to snag a copy before Wednesday rolls around again.
Original 2010 Indy story linked here:
Star treatment | Cover Story | Colorado Springs Independent

Very interesting to read in hindsight, including section on Dorene Cardarelle's rapid raise through the ranks:
But in less than five months, Cardarelle, formerly a self-employed accounting consultant, was promoted to comptroller and her pay jacked up by 49 percent — an increase that skipped 16 levels to a classification equivalent to that of lieutenant.

To get the new job, which previously had been held by sworn lieutenants, Cardarelle didn't compete with any other applicants. Contrary to common county hiring practices followed by the Sheriff's Office, the job wasn't advertised. Instead, Cardarelle was promoted to comptroller.
And reference to traveling to Breckenridge, which was mentioned in the recently published communications:
She also traveled twice to Breckenridge to the 10-county budget conference that also was attended by Maketa, in 2008 and 2009.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:45 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post

Will he resign or will he attempt to drag his feet long enough to ensure he serves out the remainder of his term? Either way I think any political aspirations he had are gone.
That old saying, "people that live in glass houses should not throw stones." (something like that)

When Maketa was ranting about the Black Forest Fire Chief, I thought that was really tacky.

My thinking about judicial fires is if you see the smoke help!!! Talk about the money later.

May be partial, was married to a Fireman and I thought those accusations were so wrong, that Maketa made.

Sometimes, the brains go out the window when "love," attractions happen. The bullying and promotions are shocking and very dismaying.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:41 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,634 times
I am just fed up, disgusted and irritated individuals like this keep getting reelected. He probably was having sex on the job or somewhere on the taxpayer dime. Just repulsive. Gross, gross, gross.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:54 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Yeah, I think it is gross too. I don't need to hear one more scuzzy skanky detail about him or those two gals. I'm sick of hearing the newscasters read those gory details.

Fell from Grace? It appears to me he never had it.

Justice... when you get what you deserve.
Mercy... when you don't get what you deserve.
Grace... when you get what you don't deserve.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:11 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
First time I saw Senator John Edwards on TV the thought that immediately popped into my mind was that he was an oily, slick, smooth talking pretty boy, and THAT is the same gut reaction I have when I see Terry Maketa on TV. What a cheesy dude, glad we found out now before he attempted a run for higher office.

I can't figure out WHY our voters elect and re-elect the very worst cretins just because they have an "R" behind their name. Worse, they won't recall any of them no matter how crooked or how much money they throw away. I'm talking about: Rivera and his $50M USOC deal; the weasel-worded term limit item that actually allowed term-limited types a 3rd term; elected a wife-beater for mayor; and, re-elect the least productive member of the U.S.Congress who's a coward to appear at a debate. Good grief.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:20 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,696,375 times
So is there a tipping point where the "enough is enough" mentality takes over & rids the Springs of this type of garbage?
The political atmosphere there is one of my longtime friend's pet peeves. She & her husband have expressed the hope that the voting populace would wake up/grow up & drop the single-minded allegiance to the letter (R).
They have been disappointed before after hoping the tide was changing during their 40 years there. So, what will it take to cause this to happen? Urban areas elsewhere in Colorado seem to be leading the charge with this type of change. Does the overwhelming lack of balance in the media keep a lid on the tolerance for political quackery in C.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs