Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 13,187 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that col springs has a law that limits 4 dogs and or 4 cats per house. Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the city and if so do they really enforce this zoning law? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
How many dogs and how many cats do you have?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:46 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
It wil be an issue with your neighbors if you don't care for your dogs/cats.

Heck, the police officer down the street from me doesn't keep his dogs quiet and YES I did call the city on him. One of his dogs is a former K9 dog...but let me tell you, if your dogs are barking, I don't mind how many dogs you have, the constant bark, bark, bark (and I have both a dog and a cat) drives me batty.

You aren't 'sposed to have more than four of a dog and more than four of a cat but as long as you take care of them, don't let them out to bark constantly, I don't think it's a big deal. Unless a neighbor reports you or the Humane Society puts two and three together with your animal registration, I don't think will will have much of a problem.

Heck, I don't advocate this but my dog and cat are not registered with the city. I have a problem with it as my animals (mostly indoor) don't pose a problem to the general population. As I type this, my kitty (indoor only - a rescue at 8 years old) is sitting on my lap, no claws and only eats grass when I do let him out. My dog, also a sort of rescue, is laying on one of the dog beds ( I had to buy two because the cat kept highjacking the one I had) warm as can be...oh and on the special occasion, he also sleeps on my bed but that's rare.

Hopefully noone from the Humane SOciety gets wind of this but I think it bogus to charge people $15 a year to "register" an animal. Sorry but my boys are well tended and get their shots. I don't own them, they are my family, my babies. Cattle are livestock, my boys are my boys and I love them like I would if I had children.

Okay then, I went out there for a minute but now I am back. Anyhow, as long as you keep your animals from disturbing others and you don't move next to a facist, you will be good.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,603 times
I agree... the so called Humane Society has a racket going in getting all of these fees. I would say if your animal gets loose and the HS gets called in, then they should charge you for their costs of pickup and housing. That is called responsible pays for irresponsible behavior.
Besides, I despise the HS - the head group that pushes for all the donations never returns anything to the community... keeps all donations for more and more publicity and the big cocktail parties. Head of the HS believes that it is better to kill animals than keep them in captivity. They particularly want to kill all of the zoo and circus animals, no matter how they are treated. Better dead than captive is their motto.
If people really knew what the HS was about they wouldn't donate at all to the national office. If anything keep it local.
Humane Society is like Planned Parenthood of the animal world - aimed at reducing the minority populations.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,466,691 times
Mmmmkay! I know people who have more than 4 dogs. As long as you don't make it obvious/**** off your neighbors you should be ok. One couple I know, when they walk their dogs en mass, tell people that ask: no we are walking our neighbors dogs, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs