Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,226 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I am looking to relocate from Fernandina Beach, FL, to possibly the Colorado Springs area of CO within the next year or two. I am starting to do some research on specific areas to live, and have a few questions for anyone who currently does or has lived in the Colorado Springs area.

1. What are typical utility bills like? I would be looking for an apartment in the area, and would like to find a complex that is both pet-friendly and offers mountain views. Needing to know what an average electric, gas, and water bill are for a 2 bedroom, 2 person residence.

2. What are gas prices in the area like? Car insurance? Health insurance?

3. Is the area horse-friendy? I have a horse who I will be looking to board, and if anyone has advice about particularly horsey areas, and ones with inexpensive boarding, I would love to hear from you.

4. What is the climate like generally? Average snowfall, rainfall, temperatures? I have looked at the averages on Wikipedia, Weather.com, etc., but would like to hear from personal experience. I currently do not have a 4WD vehicle, but figure it will probably be necessary to get one. Am I right in thinking this?

Thank you all so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 08:11 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,164,857 times
You can use Gas Buddy to look at our gasoline prices. Looks like we are higher than yours right now.

We are very horse friendly here, though there are not many places right in town, other than maybe Penrose:
Norris-Penrose Event Center, Colorado Springs | Facilities – Horse Boarding

If you head up north toward Monument, you will be able to find a lot of horse boarding options, as well as some apartments with views. Lots of horse stuff out toward Black Forest but not many apartment rentals out that way. Most boarding here will not be cheap as it will probably be full board (stalls with daily turnout). We don't have grass enough to sustain a horse on pasture full time so hay must be fed as well.

If you look at other posts on this forum about 4WD and AWD, you will see that most people say you don't have to have one to get around - just make sure your tires are in good shape, maybe even put on snow tires in the winter. However, if you are in the market for a new car, you should probably consider an AWD or 4WD.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:07 PM

6,813 posts, read 10,510,104 times
There are also lots of horse options around Fountain or Falcon - you don't have to go north for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs