U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:25 PM

3,847 posts, read 1,473,202 times

Advertisements

Every time a soliciter comes to my door I throw on my french aristocrat costume and wig and start singing they quickly leave me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 07:58 AM

680 posts, read 408,604 times
I love the springs! I came from Miami, FL and it is completely different. Sure, some parts the traffic is bad, but you can not compare the 3 million people condensed into a smaller space! And the people there are just too ghetto, rude, and show off-y

Only thing that really concerns me is, I hope the population does not continue to rise. I never knew ill be coming here; was just luck how I ended up here ha ha!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:08 AM

666 posts, read 989,103 times
Don't get all that many people coming to our door. Maybe it's because we have a fence, not sure.

A couple months ago I saw a kid going door to door across the street and I was bothered by how he left three neighbors front gates open while going to the door. One of them has a dog, and the kid is lucky it wasn't in the yard at the time. Not that it's mean, but that I didn't have to go save the dog from escaping and yell at the dumb kid for not knowing better. And when I say kid, I mean well old enough to know better.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:07 AM

3,847 posts, read 1,473,202 times
I don't even know how door to door salesman make money if I want something I buy it from the web or a store. I don't buy it from a salesman.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:26 AM

177 posts, read 218,860 times
Use a peep-hole in the door too!

If I am not expecting anyone I NEVER open the door. Unfortunately that means if you have a screen on the front door (to let air in) you can't use it that often.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 AM

607 posts, read 441,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I don't even know how door to door salesman make money if I want something I buy it from the web or a store. I don't buy it from a salesman.
That is such a good point. How DO they make money? It's baffling - I doubt most of them do. I sure as hell wouldn't buy anything from a door-to-door salesman. This isn't 1956.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:44 AM

1,368 posts, read 1,628,438 times
I put a lock on my gate. When welcoming unexpected visitors to my door you must have a reservation.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:15 PM

2,672 posts, read 1,674,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Most of what I get are not salesmen, per say, although I do get the occasional kid selling school fund raising items. The vast majority of bell ringers I get are evangelicals. It also seems to run in waves and I'll go years without them, then I'll get several different denominations come by all in a few months which then follows with different members from the same churches coming by again in the next quarter. Then things will be quiet again for another year or two.

Really makes me wonder how they choose neighborhoods...

Old 03-21-2017, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 3,744 times
One of the biggest problems with replies is so many people focus on replying to what someone may say instead if just giving their opinion of the topic, in this case what it like to live in Colorado Springs in their own words based on their own experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or