Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 PM

33 posts, read 206,885 times

Advertisements

What is traffic like in Colorado Springs, say if you were driving from one of the suburbs into downtown? Also, is there a major "Rush Hour" so to speak?

Would love any feedback...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 05:29 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
The worst case (with no weather problems) drive from the suburbs to downtown would probably be about a half an hour. Most people would probably drive less.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 AM

I just noticed a new google maps version of the Colorado Springs Traffic Cameras. It is an improvement.

City of Colorado Springs - Page Caption (you still have to click each cam to view it)

The best version I saw seems to have died out. Some of the cams are active, most are stale. The neat thing is that it has all the cams on one page - you don't have to click one icon per cam (hassle). You just scroll - nice.

Hispania News : Cámaras de Tránsito en Colorado Springs - Traffic Cams in Colorado Springs

Old 04-09-2008, 09:00 AM

180 posts, read 1,187,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I just noticed a new google maps version of the Colorado Springs Traffic Cameras. It is an improvement.

City of Colorado Springs - Page Caption (you still have to click each cam to view it)

The best version I saw seems to have died out. Some of the cams are active, most are stale. The neat thing is that it has all the cams on one page - you don't have to click one icon per cam (hassle). You just scroll - nice.

Hispania News : Cámaras de Tránsito en Colorado Springs - Traffic Cams in Colorado Springs
Don't forget this page Charles:
Kirk's Weather Zone -COS-DEN T-Shooter

Has compiled a nice (and large) collection of webcams and has them in order from north to south from Denver on down to south academy.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy101 View Post
Don't forget this page Charles:
Kirk's Weather Zone -COS-DEN T-Shooter

Has compiled a nice (and large) collection of webcams and has them in order from north to south from Denver on down to south academy.

Oh ya, I did forget...that is a good one....Thanks

Old 04-09-2008, 05:09 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,764 times
< giggle >

I have to laugh because you say "suburbs into downtown" and as far as I am concerned, C Springs is one big suburban city. Downtown is nothing like Denver has or a San Fran or a Chicago. Traffic is what it is.

I can make it to downtown from Briargate in about 20 minutes (a bit longer during rush hour with getting on to I-25) but traffic is really light here in my opinion. I am stickler for being on time so I always plan to add five minutes to my drive.

This afternoon I drove from my parental units' home to my home and even with construction on Union and Austin Bluffs (got home about 3:45) and despite the rainy and gropple conditions, not a problem at all. Rush hour is a drag but I avoid it as much as possible. I laugh at people that have never lived outside C Springs and complain...move to Denver for a few years and then you can see how easy it is to navigate C Springs once you get to know the alternate routes (same with Denver by the way).

Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
Traffic is what it is.
... but traffic is really light here in my opinion.
The worst traffic in COS isn't as bad as the mildest icy roads.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The worst traffic in COS isn't as bad as the mildest icy roads.
Yeah, that's when you get the people that drink buckets "full of dumb" and they suddenly have IQs of 50. Not drunk drivers but they may as well be given they can't navigate the streets with any amount of cognitive abilities.

Ah, gotta love living in a city with a lot of transient yet educated dwellers.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM

180 posts, read 1,187,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
and they suddenly have IQs of 50.
That High??? Wow. I wasn't even going into the double digits in my mind.

A lot of people on ice/snow/rain either drive way too fast or just stop in the middle of the freakin road. It's nuts.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy101 View Post
That High??? Wow. I wasn't even going into the double digits in my mind.

A lot of people on ice/snow/rain either drive way too fast or just stop in the middle of the freakin road. It's nuts.

I at least give them the ability to get behind the wheel and turn the key, after that the IQ probably drops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs