Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 11:28 PM

9 posts, read 26,714 times

Advertisements

I am desperate to find a neurologist in the Colorado Springs (or even Denver area) who knows how to think outside the box and believe his/her patients when they explain what is wrong, and not give up until they have an answer and resolution to a serious problem.

My daughter has Pseudo Tumor Cerebri and has a VP shunt. She still gets extreme pressure headaches that make her so sick she throws up, even after the shunt has been adjusted a few times. It is completely debilitating for her; she cannot work. The shunt is working correctly but too many doctors have told her that if the shunt is working she should not have headaches. That is bull! and they are not migraines; she has been given several migraine medications to try and they make the headaches 100 times worse, then to that doctors have told her that means they are not migraines.....ok......so then what's causing it???

She has tried everything possible, and pain management doctors do not do anything for this. She belongs to an online support group for the problem and everyone has the exact same complaints: no doctor has come up with an answer, and these people suffering with this are accused of just wanting pain medications. No they don't!!! My daughter has gone to ER's asking for a spinal tap because even with the shunt, that is still the only thing that takes the pressure headaches away for only about two days. There have actually been a few people on the support group who have gone so long in so much pain with no help they have committed suicide! I can't believe that doctors don't get it and help!

Does anyone know of a really good and compassionate neurologist that is open minded, willing to listen, believes patients and will do something other than the same old thing all the other doctors who don't seem to care have done that does not work or help? This has become so painful for my daughter it actually scares me.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-23-2015 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: Please don't use all capitals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 04:20 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Have you tried Rocky Mountain Cancer Centre in Boulder?

Old 02-23-2015, 06:18 AM

13 posts, read 14,011 times
Default cbd

Please search up the dr. Sanjay Gupta (sp?) CNN special on cannabis. There was a special strain created for a girl who was having constant seizures which helped her tremendously without having the 'high' effect, which her mother desired as she is just a kid.
This isn't your daughter's condition, nor is cannabis oil just helpful with those symptoms. It is also, according to patient testimony and lab research, curative for cancer. But it doesn't stop there. I know from experience that it is the best relief from chronic pain. It helped me when I felt like my head was exploding- whether this was from my cervical degenerative disc disease or concussion I don't know. I didn't even get the chance to try cannabis oil when I was living in Colorado, but smoking herb helped tremendously.

What I might suggest for your daughter is to have her try eating a small amount of cannabis oil obtained from a trusted source- in the morning and evening. Depending on her age, maybe she can try smoking Marijuana too. I would suggest an indica strain.
also try and watch 'run from the cure' and other cannabis oil documentaries. To determine proper dosing, please do the research. Cannabis oil is a highly concentrated form of the compounds found in marijuana, so take care with dosage.

I'm not a dr, but I do have personal experience. It might be worth a shot. As long as you are careful with dosing, it should be safe- much safer than many pharmaceuticals.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
D Bronx is referring to Charlotte's Web, a strain that does wonders for seizures. IIRC one or more eastern states is now working on legislation to allow this strain in their state(s) as it contains almost zero amounts of THC, the component that causes the "high" most people associate with smoking MJ. Here's a link to articles about it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:23 PM

13 posts, read 14,011 times
Default Charlotte

That's right Mike. That strain, according to the docu, seems to have given a normal lifestyle back to Charlotte and her family. Thanks for the link. It's a common misconception that Marijuana is just about getting high, when it is proven to be an effective natural cure for so many conditions.
Rick Simpson advocates a high- THC Indica strain for conditions such as chronic pain. I believe his condition, a constant ringing sensation after suffering a head injury, was alleviated using the oil of such a strain.
From my limited knowledge, I would say that optimal thc content depends on the patient's age and specific condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs