Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 09:52 AM

573 posts, read 1,451,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I've learned to dislike the 4th of July. In spite of laws that prohibit exploding fireworks inside the city limits, last night was one thunderous, cacophonous, bang after bang from 8:30 PM until 2:30 AM

Those 6 hours of explosions terrified my dogs. It scared them so much that they responded like a human having a panic attack. They were hyper-ventilating and their hearts were racing. They thought we were under attack.

I didn't bother to call the police because I know that they have bigger fish to fry like all the drunk drivers out there.

Enforcing that law is like trying to control the dope smokers at a Pink Floyd concert or enforcing 55 MPH back in the day.

Why are some people so inconsiderate?

So I'm thinking about developing doggie ear plugs for next year.
I can relate. When I lived in the Seattle, Wa area every single year for about a month mind you, night sounded like a war zone. It was just beyond horrible and into the wee hours of the morning. I am talking illegal fireworks too. I had to resort to all sorts of things to keep my dog safe. Their are plenty of things on the market to help calm your animals so I would premedicate. I got some pretty strong stuff as she would get out of control and hurt herself. Even with the meds, she was hyper but not as bad. I would turn on the TV and sit with her in a closet. I would hold her tight. They also have thunder jackets. Did not do much for her but I know some that said they were great. I feel your pain believe me and I hope this helps as *******s will continue to be so. Oh and I did try doggie ear plugs---I have heard it works for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 10:08 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
Lots of them going off last night. I wish people would keep it to the 4th - but it seems to start a few weeks before and continue for like a week after, peaking in intensity on the 4th. I liked it a lot when I was a kid but not so much anymore - the noise frightens the animals - and not just pets - and people leave a mess everywhere, etc.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:11 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,600,959 times
I had a neighbor shooting them off last night as well. Funny thing is, my dogs aren't bothered by fireworks, they are bothered by thunder.

Then an hour later the coyotes in the neighborhood had a party. ugh.....

Old 07-02-2017, 02:56 PM

834 posts, read 744,242 times
We're right by the baseball field...Sky Sox?

Last night was incredibly loud and they seem to shoot them off many weekends.

I've honestly been surprised at how, "quiet," the neighborhood was aside from random booms here and there, but supposedly it's pretty heavily patrolled.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:56 PM

834 posts, read 744,242 times
Nvm, not even dark yet and it's been constant around the neighborhood for an hour. Yay. Sunday.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:32 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,317,614 times
Default A message from the dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxJ_eUg9Uc

Old 07-05-2017, 12:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Here in Maricopa County, AZ (Phoenix, etc) today is always the busiest day of the year for our local animal shelter due to pets fleeing in terror from their yards to become lost and wondering around. That's the downside of fireworks. It may be much the same back in COLO SPGS.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:49 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,317,614 times
Default That time of year again

I saw the first illegal fireworks going off last night.

They are illegal: https://gazette.com/news/wondering-w...ecc285d63.html

"Residents are encouraged to call 444-7000 if they see or hear fireworks being used.

Unincorporated El Paso County has less strict regulations, but many kinds are illegal to use, posses or sell.

“If a firework flies through the air, explodes or shoots flaming balls, it is illegal,” an El Paso County Sheriff’s Office news release states. Bottle rockets, mortars, firecrackers and Roman candles fall under this category.

Ground spinners, smoke bombs and sparklers are allowed in the county.

Residents should call the Sheriff’s Office nonemergency line at 719-390-5555 if they witness illegal fireworks being used.

Violators can be fined up to $750 and imprisoned for up to six months."

But I really doubt that the cops will do anything.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:51 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
We do Valium for our dog. It helps him a lot.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:36 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
I can related and it really ticks me off. So far, we’ve not had any this year! The city of Loveland has made an effort this year with electronic signs reminding people of the potential $1000 fine for violations. Expecting to hear a few tonight and some tomorrow, but hopefully it’ll be kept to a minimum for the sake of the dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs