U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:25 AM

59 posts, read 305,720 times

Advertisements

Who is your doctor and why do you like him or her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 AM

26,346 posts, read 81,009,044 times
Caridologist, Dr. Lee. No problem except he is located at Union & Circle
Ophthalmologist, Dr. Schunk, very thorough (He is thisclose to retiring though)
Dermatologist, I forgot.
Dentist, Dr Evans, Very good. No waiting. Nice view of Pikes Peak from the dentist chair.
ENT, Dr. Cameron Shaw, Outstanding. He's the guy I am going to have drill my ears some day (surfers ear)
Wife's OB: Dr. Baer, He's got the 3D ultrasound for my fourth daughter expected October 07.

I visit Thousand Oaks three or four times a year so when I am there I get skin and eye checkups with the doctors (Linstone) I had there for years.

Note: Most doctors are located in north/central Colorado Springs. In the next year or two a LOT of doctors will be relocating or establishing practices in the far north end as two new hospitals are opening there.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,209,281 times
Dr. Norfleet- ob/gyn
Dr. Hill(s) (brother operation..grin) dentist
LOVE THESE MEN!!!! Very into customer service/the PATIENT CARE. Hill sent me baby gifts after I had my babies (the dentist did, not the ob/gyn). Personalized blankets for each kiddo (embrodery)

Dr. Norfleet- the way he actually takes time to hold your newborn, gaze and "goo" with him/her after the birthing process. Additionally, he "takes care" of the nurses who do not have good bedside manners. He does so much to make wonderful...

I feel blessed. I have yet to find a PCP that I love like these men.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 PM

188 posts, read 840,176 times
Same question from me - anyone found a primary care doctor they like? I've been spoiled by having a really good one for a long time and want to find another really good one there. My eye doctor had colleagues he knew of there and so did my OB-GYN, but my family doc doesn't.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:39 AM

55 posts, read 351,134 times
Dr Norfleet's my OB-GYN too!!! Delivered both my boys, great doctor, great guy.

Dr Garscadden's our pediatrician, can't say enough about the guy. When he transferred offices, we went too.

We also like our family doctor, Dr Voth. Good follow-ups, easy to get an appointment with.

All of our doctors are under Colo Spgs Health Partners, all their info can be found on cshp.net

Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 PM

188 posts, read 840,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaj View Post
Dr Norfleet's my OB-GYN too!!! Delivered both my boys, great doctor, great guy.

Dr Garscadden's our pediatrician, can't say enough about the guy. When he transferred offices, we went too.

We also like our family doctor, Dr Voth. Good follow-ups, easy to get an appointment with.

All of our doctors are under Colo Spgs Health Partners, all their info can be found on cshp.net
Thank you for the info. Especially the easy to get an appointment with part. That means a lot to me! I understand transferring offices with your doctor, I followed my family doctor around from office to office for over 30 years. I asked him if he'd like to move to Colorado and he laughed and said, "Sure, why not, just pack me in your suitcase!" I know he will be retiring in a few years, so that makes it a little easier to leave him behind, but I must admit I'm spoiled and want to find another good one.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 PM

25 posts, read 86,675 times
Default Need PCP

I am looking for a good Primary Care Physician as well. Please list any good docs in the area that you know of. It does not matter what insurance they take, just want a good one.

Also, I need a good doc for my 14 year old son.

Thanks!!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,101 times
Default Family Doctor/Primary Care

We are new to the area and looking for a family doctor. I've been looking through our medical providers website, but I can't find any real information. Is there anyone that is super good or that you wouldn't recommend? I'd love to know either way. Thanks!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 PM

20,377 posts, read 37,929,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarissaSm View Post
We are new to the area and looking for a family doctor. I've been looking through our medical providers website, but I can't find any real information. Is there anyone that is super good or that you wouldn't recommend? I'd love to know either way. Thanks!
Been here 2.5 years. Very favorably impressed with Colorado Springs Health Partners. Colorado Springs Health Partners, P.C. Online!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:56 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,760,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Been here 2.5 years. Very favorably impressed with Colorado Springs Health Partners. Colorado Springs Health Partners, P.C. Online!
I second CSHP.

In a pinch (need urgent care but CSHP is closed) Memorial's Urgent Care in Briargate is pretty good.

I am bumming that one of my docs at CSHP as retired though. In addition, finding a really good GYN (sorry guys) that is top notch is really difficult. They are next to near impossible to get an appointment with. I don't know how many times I have been told (by GYNs that family members use) "sorry we are not taking patients".

Same goes with psychological or psychicatry needs. There are really good doctors outside of CSHP but when I hear of some fabulous doc, I gotta go there...but mostly I am very happy with them.

EDIT: BTW, Dr. Wyse is a good contact for good general physicians - he's located in the south location of CSHP but after a small exam, he can refer to any of the other physicians in the network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs