U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Colorado Springs: more closely tied to Denver or Pueblo?
Denver 15 62.50%
Pueblo 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 04:57 PM

208 posts, read 216,309 times

Advertisements

As a newbie to the town, I don't see any outwardly visible ties to Pueblo. I don't know a single person who goes out of their way to go that way, let alone even discuss it. And I can't think of a single person who hasn't talked about a trip to Denver.

Maybe historically it was more tied to Pueblo, but I think Denver's gravity wins these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 08:44 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,360,320 times
Plus if this question was asked in Denver versus Pueblo I suspect the higher results will come from Pueblo.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:03 PM

4,670 posts, read 6,745,956 times
Channels 5/30 (NBC) used to be called that because they originated in Pueblo, had their studios in Pueblo and the anchors, for the most part, lived in Pueblo. The Springs TV stations serve Southern Colorado, which includes Pueblo, Walsenburg and Trinidad; and Pueblo merchants and hospitals advertise on the Springs stations. Denver is geared to Northern Colorado, Boulder, Ft. Collins and Greeley as well as Eastern Colorado, so that could be where some of the Springs/Pueblo links are seen.

But for shopping, restaurants, nightclubs, sporting events, concerts, museums, theater and so on, Denver is the hub for the entire state, even the Western Slope. The same is true here in Arizona. Tucson, where I am, is the 'little sister' to our northern city Phoenix. Phoenix has the sports teams, musical concerts, Ikea, larger International airport, etc. While Tucson has a lot of its own attractions (like the Springs), Phoenix is the draw, like Denver is to the Springs.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:22 PM

117 posts, read 105,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Plus if this question was asked in Denver versus Pueblo I suspect the higher results will come from Pueblo.
You'd be wrong.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy303 View Post
You'd be wrong.
Possibly. It could be a fun poll and thread in the Denver forum.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:27 AM

5,007 posts, read 6,689,931 times
Yeah it would be interesting to put a poll up there - I suspect Denver sees Colorado Springs in a way similar to how Colorado Springs sees Pueblo, and that Denverites would probably think Colorado Springs and Pueblo are more closely related than Colorado Springs and Denver - but I could be wrong.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Yeah it would be interesting to put a poll up there - I suspect Denver sees Colorado Springs in a way similar to how Colorado Springs sees Pueblo, and that Denverites would probably think Colorado Springs and Pueblo are more closely related than Colorado Springs and Denver - but I could be wrong.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:37 PM

2,670 posts, read 1,674,615 times
This is one of those "it depends" based on the specific question you want answered. Obviously Denver has major sports, museums, and a host of other attractions that make it a desirable spot to visit that you won't find anywhere else in the state. Along with those comes traffic, crowds, and expense.

On the flip side, there are things to do in Pueblo that you won't find in the Springs; boating on Lake Pueblo, shopping the Riverwalk, different auto racing venues, a National Champion college football team, a long standing high school rivalry, close proximity to a number of farms and farming communities, and a definite southwestern feel. None of that is not present in CS and would probably be closer to Denver than Colo Spgs.

Denver and Pueblo tend to have much more Democratic leanings in the political arena than the decidedly Republican Colorado Springs.

Pueblo does seem to pop up on quality of life and value living polls more regularly than CS and Denver isn't even in the running.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:57 AM

215 posts, read 631,228 times
At first when I read this I thought Pueblo only because the news stations report for Colorado Springs and Pueblo. I hear more news about Pueblo than I do for Denver. When I first moved here I thought it was strange that the news stations didn't mention much about the commute to Denver, or Denver weather and happenings in Denver. They do report it a little but not much.

I rarely go to Pueblo though. I would rather drive to Denver, concerts, sports, shopping, museums, restaurants, etc. However, I would rather just have all of those things in Colorado Springs and not have to drive to Denver or Pueblo.

But when I think of Denver, there are a lot of neighborhoods/cities that seem considered Denver area. Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Littleton, Aurora...but I consider this all Denver. Colorado Springs can be grouped in with Woodland Park, Manitou Springs, Black Forest, Falcon, Widefield, Fountain, but I don't feel it's lumped in with Pueblo that way.

Last edited by kristie73; 07-21-2015 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or