Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 AM

135 posts, read 599,018 times

Advertisements

I'm an RN and wondered if there were many nursing agencies in the Springs area? I am burned out on hospitals and if it turns out that I need to work a few hrs a week, I want something where I can work when I want to and how many hrs I want to......nursing agencies area the ultimate at that.....I have 3 sons and 2 of them will be entering elementary school at the time we are able to relocate. I want to be able to volunteer in their classrooms, be available to go to their little parties etc. and not be bound by hospital shift-work. Been there done that.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 01:02 PM

648 posts, read 2,934,749 times
From what I could find we have a couple:
Interim HealthCare-http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings/
Nursefinders.com -www.nursefinders.com

Hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM

188 posts, read 931,689 times
Default Agencies

I know Intelistaf has an office in Colorado Springs but I haven't done any checking on it yet. The Memorial Hospital system has a per diem float pool called M-Staff if you want to name your own schedule, thinking about doing that myself.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:50 PM

Thanks gals. We actually have an Intellistaff in my town.

Janet,
How does the MH per-diem float pool work? In the hospital I recently resigned from after 17yrs of nursing, as a per-diem you told them when you would work. The only requirement they had for a PD nurse was that to keep your status, you had to work atleast a minimum of 2 shifts/month (2 12hr shifts) and they had to be on the weekend.

The hourly rate was $30/hr for days. I am just so burnt out on hospital nursing.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 AM

My son just went to work for the Memorial Hospital system, so I am expecting to hear more about it soon. I learned quite a bit from looking at their web page, which is Memorial Health System Welcome to Memorial Health System, Colorado Springs, Colorado
It says you don't have to work weekends unless you want to. Almost sounds too good to be true, doesn't it. You can tell I am somewhat burned out on hospital nursing too.

Here is what their job description says:
M-Staff
Schedule: Per diem (on-call/as needed)
Shift: Variable shifts
Hours:
Salary: Hourly, $30.00 - M-Staff
Contact Information:

Job Details: M-Staff is Memorial Health System's Internal Nursing Agency. M-Staff provides nursing coverage to all units within Memorial Health System, both Central and North. M-Staff nurses and CNA's enjoy the flexibility of choosing their own schedules while working in areas that match their levels of experience and competency. M-Staff nurses and CNA's receive PERA and wellness benefits as Memorial employees, however, are ineligible for health benefits as they maintain a perdiem status.

Provides professional nursing care within self designated units; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Is a role model of professional nursing practice; participates in routine orientation and training of new personnel and students to unit. Three stages of performance exist within this job description: A. Patient/Family Focus; B. Nurse Focus; C. Systems Focus.

Requires: current Colorado RN license, clinical experience in general nursing care, BLS, exerting 20 to 50 lbs of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 lbs of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
Hope that helps.
Janet

Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Janet..

yes that helps thanks very much!

Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 AM

Also, I should have mentioned..... if you don't already have your Colorado nursing license I would start plenty early. It took my son and I several weeks to get ours.
Janet

Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Default thanks...

but we have a bit of time. Too much if you ask me.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,318 times
Default Demand for Nursng in Manitou/Colorado Springs?

Me and my fieance currently live in Indiana, but are planning to move to the Manitou Springs area within a few years. She is currently attending school to become a RN. I was wondering about the current demand for nursing in the Colorado Springs area. Also, whats the commute like from Manitou? Any information on starting salries for new nurses would also be of gret help. We have both lived in Indiana our whole lives, and I hate it here. I am having a little bit of trouble convencing my fieance that the Springs is the place to go though. It it a good place to start a family? I love the outdoors, so that is my main reason for choosing the area, any info would be appriceated.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:58 PM

45 posts, read 275,314 times
Nursing is not my area of expertise but I believe you should do just fine here. We currently have 4 hospitals open, with a 5th to open sometime next year? Memorial Hospital, Penrose St. Francis (also known as Penrose Main), Penrose Community, Memorial Hospital North, & I believe the new one is going to be called St. Francis Medical Center. There are also several large medical complexes located throughout the city.

If anyone knows more about this than I do please feel free to jump in & correct me!

Kelly

P.S. Yes Colo. Springs is a very family friendly community! =)

Last edited by JASMINE13; 09-12-2007 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: adding more info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs