U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Colorado Springs: more closely tied to Denver or Pueblo?
Denver 15 62.50%
Pueblo 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 PM

587 posts, read 622,623 times

Advertisements

I've seen posts in the Colorado forum and sub forums about Colorado Springs being more closely tied to Pueblo than to Denver. They are mostly (or maybe completely) by one poster who talks of a Colorado Springs/Pueblo area.

I realize Colorado Springs is its own city and metro and not dependent on either but when you do go outside the metro, which area are you more connected to? Pueblo is definitely closer, Denver much larger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 05:38 PM

18,721 posts, read 4,722,584 times
Before gas was so expensive people used to live here, because it was cheaper, and drive
to work in the Colorado Springs area, don't know about now.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:41 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,091,990 times
If you look at it this way, I doubt people from Colorado Springs drive to Pueblo to do things they cannot do in Colorado Springs - most of the time they drive to Denver for concerts, shopping, museums and other attractions. The only times I have gone to Pueblo really is for the state fair, and the Chile Festival.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:22 AM

553 posts, read 1,418,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
If you look at it this way, I doubt people from Colorado Springs drive to Pueblo to do things they cannot do in Colorado Springs - most of the time they drive to Denver for concerts, shopping, museums and other attractions. The only times I have gone to Pueblo really is for the state fair, and the Chile Festival.
Exactly right. Pueblo is a lot closer, but I rarely, rarely go there, because there's nothing in Pueblo that I can't find right here in Colorado Springs.

But, I'll occasionally make the trip to Denver. Concerts, sporting events, restaurants, Ikea. There are...things...in Denver that aren't in the Springs. So, I'm much more connected to Denver than Pueblo.

I'm by no means bad-mouthing Pueblo. I just don't find any compelling reasons to visit.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 AM

1,765 posts, read 1,991,080 times
One of the perceptions that link Colorado Springs and Pueblo is the media market. We are defined as the "Colorado Springs-Pueblo" market relative to television and radio.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:02 PM

12,105 posts, read 20,397,841 times
I live in Pueblo and go to Denver more but the reality is the Springs has more ties with Pueblo then Denver. Just look at the media, law enforcement, retail etc. Plus look at the future growth plans and both cities will grow together. They even say we are in the same region, the southern front range urban corridor.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:27 PM

20,357 posts, read 37,893,411 times
Retail? That's absurd. No one goes to Pueblo for retail. People go to Denver metro area, to Nordstrom's in Lone Tree, or Ikea, or a hundred other sources that will never be found in Pueblo.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Retail? That's absurd. No one goes to Pueblo for retail. People go to Denver metro area, to Nordstrom's in Lone Tree, or Ikea, or a hundred other sources that will never be found in Pueblo.
I will admit of the reasons listed retail is the least as even I can find most of what I need in Pueblo. However on many occasions I have met people from the Springs who like to shop on Pueblo's Union avenue historic district for the feel and shops it has.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:06 PM

5,020 posts, read 6,717,065 times
Growing up here, I've always considered Colorado Springs and Pueblo more related than Denver. I know things are different now, but back then, we played Pueblo teams in school sports and other competitions much more than Denver teams. I think Colorado Springs folks go to Denver more than to Pueblo because Denver is the larger city with things that Colorado Springs doesn't have - the main reasons people go to Pueblo are for occasional recreation or on the way to somewhere else, etc. but I think geographically, hydrologically, economically, meteorologically, and news/media servicing etc., we are more associated with Pueblo. Pueblo stands apart historically in some ways because it contained the Mexican border.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Growing up here, I've always considered Colorado Springs and Pueblo more related than Denver. I know things are different now, but back then, we played Pueblo teams in school sports and other competitions much more than Denver teams. I think Colorado Springs folks go to Denver more than to Pueblo because Denver is the larger city with things that Colorado Springs doesn't have - the main reasons people go to Pueblo are for occasional recreation or on the way to somewhere else, etc. but I think geographically, hydrologically, economically, meteorologically, and news/media servicing etc., we are more associated with Pueblo. Pueblo stands apart historically in some ways because it contained the Mexican border.
You said it much better then I did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or