U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 10:54 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,729,360 times

Advertisements

I was looking to get my house painted. I saw some very nice work done by Front Range Exteriors on another house in the neighborhood and called them out to get an estimate. It came in almost 2 grand higher than I was expecting based on their website (which suggests that they do compete on price). They also used subcontractors for everything, so I couldn't expect to get the same guys that did such a good job on the other house in my neighborhood.

Anyone have suggestions for painters? I'm looking for someone that will do the prep work and the painting. I can handle acquiring the paint myself. I'm not interested in painting the house myself as it is fairly tall and my wife has a fear of me being on a tall ladder (don't ask).

PS. The estimator admitted competitors would come in far cheaper on the bid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 04:03 PM

177 posts, read 220,361 times
X2 on the ladders etc....and of course the time to get the job done right.

I just had my house in Briargate painted, had 10-15 estimates and they were all over the place.

All the way from $1800 to $3800 or so. And I have a small house!

I used all of the coupons in the flyers that are mailed out like Paint Doctor, Front Range Exteriors etc... but the best quote was from David Brent, Brent Painting @ $1800 and that included high quality paint (PPG) and materials.

He advertises in the Woodman Edition newspaper I get every week and he took 2 weeks just to do the prep (caulking, scraping, priming etc...). He also uses PPG paints and that is the most important thing, QUALITY PAINT!! Don't use Behr or anything cheap or you will do the job again in a few years. Use only Sherwin Williams, PPG, or other high quality stuff and you should not have to touch it for at least 15 years.

The final result is beautiful, it took about 3 weeks from start to finish. He left me with a gallon of the body paint and almost a gallon of the trim paint and that was more than enough for me to paint my 2 car garage in the back. No ladders needed there!

Last edited by huffdiver; 09-10-2015 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or