Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 05:22 PM

11 posts, read 9,671 times

Advertisements

So i will be moving next year like around November. I'm a single african american im 23 now but will be 24 once i move. So my main question is which is better cos or fort Collins. Looking for a place to get out there and meet friendly new people. And what is the dating pool like for the big girls like myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 05:37 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
As a female in Colorado Springs you will have your pick of many single men. Dating for men in colorado springs is awful at least 3 guys to every women.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
As a female in Colorado Springs you will have your pick of many single men. Dating for men in colorado springs is awful at least 3 guys to every women.

Well i guess thats good thanks for taking the time to respond

Old 10-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-bird View Post
Well i guess thats good thanks for taking the time to respond
It is Colorado Springs is like an all you can eat dating buffet for women.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:13 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,518,651 times
I think Ft. Collins has a younger vibe, being a college town. It also feels more white bread to me, personally.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I think Ft. Collins has a younger vibe, being a college town. It also feels more white bread to me, personally.
The Springs is surprisingly diverse in some ways. I met an Eritrean yesterday near colorado college.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
So far thats what i have been told. I dont want to feel uncomfortable so COS might be a better match. Thanks for responding.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:49 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,518,651 times
If it weren't for the college, which has also brought in some upper crust employers and employees, Ft. Collins would look and feel very much like a cowboy town imho. It still does, being the home of the state agricultural college, but if the college weren't there then it might as well have been in Wyoming. Which is fine, but not for everyone.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:11 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
IMO, they are two very different places. Populations are radically different. FC is much more wet and green than COS which is very dry. CSU is a big player in the overall vibe of FC, UCCS and CC have very little impact on COS. FC has no military links to speak whereas COS has more than a handful of bases. What are looking for in a community, other than friendly people and dating possibilities? IMO, the sheer number of people in COS means it would have a better dating scene, but there are a lot of other variables between the two that we can't drill into with only those two parameters.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
IMO, they are two very different places. Populations are radically different. FC is much more wet and green than COS which is very dry. CSU is a big player in the overall vibe of FC, UCCS and CC have very little impact on COS. FC has no military links to speak whereas COS has more than a handful of bases. What are looking for in a community, other than friendly people and dating possibilities? IMO, the sheer number of people in COS means it would have a better dating scene, but there are a lot of other variables between the two that we can't drill into with only
those two parameters.

Well im young and i will be on my own so yes i want to meet new people and the dating possibilities is a plus. For me its simple i want to be around mountains and snow, i would like to try out hiking and horseback riding. I have a job working from home so other than that i just want to find a new home and enjoy life .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs