U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 03:57 PM

154 posts, read 114,202 times

Advertisements

In Denver and suburbs I noticed that all or nearly all apartments are located in these wood
buildings all identical in a cluster of 20-45 such buildings.. Boring and bland to me, like student dorms.

Is this the same scene in CoS?? I do not have enough money
nor do I need a whole house for just me. Condos are probably too expensive. I am not interested in
living indefinitely in an identical looking building among 30 or 40 others. I can spend up to $1400 or so
a month for a nice apt. preferably removed from the heart of the city with a good view and
without traffic, noise and people all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 04:06 PM

20,304 posts, read 37,784,136 times
We have a lot of the same wooden framed apartments here, but not sure we have any complexes large enough to have 30-40 buildings.

We have a lot of newer places around town, especially in the 80920 zip code.

For $1400 you can have the pick of the litter here, we're tons cheaper than Denver rental prices.

Beware scammers on craigslist, if it's too good to be true it probably is a scam. Padmapper.com can help locate some places.

We have several good threads on apartments in the forum, find them easy with the search tool.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:21 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
Nearly all of the apartment complexes in Cos have been built recently enough that they are going to look similar within their complex. There is some variety between different complexes, but within them they will be the same. Unfortunately for you, most apartments and condos in Cos were rapidly built close to more dense population requirements.

If you want a unique apartment, you would most likely have to look in downtown, west side or Manitou where older larger homes have been converted to apartments. Any of these choices are going to put you in the heart of the city with traffic and people. We do not have any vintage Brownstone style town homes or apartments anywhere in the city. Similarly, we do not have any post-modern or neo-modern complexes either. There are some new new housing units being built in south downtown, but again, while new and different, they are in the middle of town.

Like Mike says, your money will go further here than Denver, so you may be able to expand your search into some houses, even if you don't need the space.

Last edited by TCHP; 11-04-2015 at 08:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or