Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 AM

274 posts, read 338,258 times

Advertisements

Had some fun doing the Christmas stroll in Colorado City, now looking for other ideas or festivities that'll be taking place for the next few weeks. I think I may do the Broadmoor next if only to walk the grounds and get some hot cocoa. Does anyone know how much a dinner show there would be?

What other fun things do you like to do here during the Christmas season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 11:07 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,154,143 times
Electric Safari | CMZoo

Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM

26,171 posts, read 48,888,485 times
This Saturday, 05 Dec, is the Festival of Lights in the downtown area, with various events, including the Pioneer Museum.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:31 PM

6,809 posts, read 10,474,804 times
I asked at the Seven Falls a few weeks ago about Christmas lights - that used to be a great tradition. I was told that they plan to have something set up in time for next Christmas but just weren't ready this time around.

I second Electric Safari - it is good family fun, especially if you can find a night that's relatively warm. I went last year and for me the highlight was getting to hear the wolves do their nightly howl.

Other local traditions but ones that also apply to other places - catching one of the several ballet company productions of the Nutcracker, or a Christmas show at the Pikes Peak Center - like Mannheim Steamroller or I think I saw an ad about the Oak Ridge Boys doing a Christmas show tonight. The Philharmonic does a Christmas show.

Glen Eyrie has a Yule Tea, Madrigal Banquet and some other seasonal events.

Downtown usually has a Festival of Lights parade - I think it is this week.

I think there is also usually a guide that comes out in the newspaper for driving around to look at holiday light displays.....

Old 12-01-2015, 06:21 PM

432 posts, read 1,200,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
This Saturday, 05 Dec, is the Festival of Lights in the downtown area
Precede it with a visit to an Advent Festival that features a free performance of Amahl and the Night Visitors; it's than a half block walk to the parade route.

christmasincoloradosprings.com

Last edited by mogon; 12-01-2015 at 06:39 PM..

Old 12-02-2015, 07:13 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,362,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogon View Post
Precede it with a visit to an Advent Festival that features a free performance of Amahl and the Night Visitors; it's than a half block walk to the parade route.

christmasincoloradosprings.com

Lots of info at the above web site.

There also is the historic home tour in the Old North End. They usually have two a year, one in the summer with a garden focus and the one in the winter with a Christmas focus. | Colorado Springs, Colorado Downtown Old North End Christmas Holiday Home Tour

Old 12-02-2015, 11:15 AM

274 posts, read 338,258 times
Thanks for the suggestions all! This should keep me pretty busy for the holiday season.

BTW, is the Electric Safari a guided tour at the zoo, or do you visit like normally, and pick and choose what events/exhibits you'd like to explore or attend?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-02-2015 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 12-04-2015, 11:51 AM

400 posts, read 496,232 times
Cheyenne Mountain Resort has a list of activities for the Christmas season including a Christmas eve dinner and a Christmas day brunch.

Colorado Springs Hotel Calendar | Cheyenne Mountain Resort, CO

Old 12-04-2015, 02:23 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,362,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSpringsBound View Post
BTW, is the Electric Safari a guided tour at the zoo, or do you visit like normally, and pick and choose what events/exhibits you'd like to explore or attend?

It is like normal and self paced. You can see as many or as few exhibits as you'd like to see. They also have wood stoked warming stations along the paths so if its cold, you can spend a few minutes in front of a fire.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:28 PM

6,809 posts, read 10,474,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSpringsBound View Post
Thanks for the suggestions all! This should keep me pretty busy for the holiday season.

You go around normally. There are holiday lights and decorations and sometimes Santa, too. Once in awhile there are some exhibits that are closed at night, but generally you have free reign of the zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs