Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 03:33 PM

170 posts, read 761,904 times

Advertisements

Hello Dennismpat,
I would suspect that at least a good bit of people who are moving to Co Springs and already have jobs lined up are being transferred within their present company and are just moving to a different office location. That is what I am trying to work out with my company at this time so I can move to Colorado. Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2006, 04:21 PM

38,892 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minz View Post
Hello Dennismpat,
I would suspect that at least a good bit of people who are moving to Co Springs and already have jobs lined up are being transferred within their present company and are just moving to a different office location. That is what I am trying to work out with my company at this time so I can move to Colorado. Just a thought...
Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of that would be the easiest without having to quit the present job, move, then try to find a job at the new location.

Good luck in your transfer and move!

Old 11-25-2006, 04:26 PM

38,892 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
I would do a "happy dance" if I made that kind of money!
I would think that $15.00 per hour is a fantastic wage in Colorado! But then, I guess it would depend on what type of job it is.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:29 AM

32 posts, read 89,467 times
I can only add, get your CO plates on your car ASAP...we rec'd much different road treatment with our CA plates when we first moved here in '02.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:29 PM

41 posts, read 249,614 times
I can tell everyone find a job before you move. It always work out better.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:25 PM

14 posts, read 74,624 times
Hi,
When we first moved to CO we lined up our job before we moved. Hubby was recruited for a position in Peublo and they paid all of our relo expenses.

When relo'd back to MI we again lined up a job but paid our own relo expenses. Now we're trying to do the same thing once more time, and we won't move unless we land a job.

I don't know how people make the move without jobs all ready lined up...that would be really stressful!

Good luck with your job searches!!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 AM

45 posts, read 334,508 times
Though I would hate to generalize or assume anyones meaning, I have usually found that those who say "there are no jobs" usually mean "there are no jobs that meet my criteria." These same people when they widen their search to positions they would not have previously considered often find a whole wide field open up. Perhaps the problem is not number of jobs but too high of expectations or too tight of a focus.

When I have relocated for lifestyle improvement, I have always come to grips with the fact that it may require taking a backward step in my career or completely changing it and starting over. We will be doing this next week when we relocate to the springs. This will be the third time we've started over, but feel its worth it.

Perhaps I'm all wet but this has been my experience. As for $15.00 an hour being poverty level--poverty aint what it used to be! I'd trade a minor organ for $15.00 an hour here in North Central Idaho.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 PM

83 posts, read 954,097 times
I am from the Midwest and am wondering what makes someone from Cali stick out, is this really the case? I was also wondering why you left Cali is it really a rotten place to live like the media has portrayed?, if you don't mind me asking.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Hey, OC. Move to Pleblo and you'll be rich! A big fish in a small pond!

I liked Denver better, so there ya go. Write when you get work.

There's always Texas.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:14 PM

616 posts, read 3,005,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James9283 View Post
I am from the Midwest and am wondering what makes someone from Cali stick out, is this really the case? I was also wondering why you left Cali is it really a rotten place to live like the media has portrayed?, if you don't mind me asking.
The only way Californians stick out is by their license plate. There are so many relocated Californians here, you can't really tell them apart from anyone else.

CA does suck. We lived in San Diego for 16 years. Everything there was more expensive, especially housing. It was hard to make ends meet when raises didn't keep pace with the rise in cost of living. Add to that higher crime, smog and heavy traffic, and so it is as bad as you have heard. Check out the CA city forum on this site and it will confirm everything. Soon it will be the rich liberals and the poor remaining. The middle class and many businesses are leaving the state in droves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs