Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 09:33 AM

6 posts, read 5,048 times

Advertisements

Looking for a 1 br, within the next month. Actually here in town this weekend looking at places. I will be relocating from Florida. Want to stay under $1100. I looked at a lot of things online and many look good online but then when i search reviews is seems like they all have bad reviews, or low rating. So, I was wondering if anyone here can personally recommend a complex they know is reputable.

PS got a job offer yesterday, so this is really going to happen.
Thanks
Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 11:02 AM

1,453 posts, read 1,857,008 times
I can't recommend a complex, but have you checked out this site?:

Colorado Springs Rental Properties - Official MLS Listings - PPAR.com

p.s. I suggest taking online reviews with a grain of salt ... some folks just like to complain. For every nasty review about any business, there are usually 20 good ones.

Last edited by mtngigi; 04-23-2016 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: added text

Old 04-23-2016, 04:13 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,164,857 times
Congrats on the job offer!

Old 04-23-2016, 04:23 PM

753 posts, read 1,103,991 times
Where will you be working, or do you have other preferences about what part of town you'd like to live in? I haven't looked at rents for a while, but I'd think you'd have many choices if your budget is $1100 and you only need 1 bedroom (but what about pets or other limiting factors?). So if you want people to suggest specific complexes, you need to give us more help to narrow it down.

I agree about the online reviews -- since the sample who writes them is self-selecting, you are more likely to read bad reviews from people who want to vent about their complaints, then people who are happy as clams.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:22 PM

6 posts, read 5,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Where will you be working, or do you have other preferences about what part of town you'd like to live in? I haven't looked at rents for a while, but I'd think you'd have many choices if your budget is $1100 and you only need 1 bedroom (but what about pets or other limiting factors?). So if you want people to suggest specific complexes, you need to give us more help to narrow it down.

I agree about the online reviews -- since the sample who writes them is self-selecting, you are more likely to read bad reviews from people who want to vent about their complaints, then people who are happy as clams.
I don't really have a preference as to what part of town. I want a decent neighborhood. I have no pets. I will be traveling all over COS for work not an office job.

Today I looked at some in the north end near Chapel Hill Mall(?) and some near GOG and then some west. I was all over. Haven't seen any real bad neighborhoods.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:03 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Look along Powers Blvd near Briargate Pkwy, some up there are 3-4 years old and new ones open this fall (Bella Vita), also nice ones along Briargate Pkwy at Lexington Dr.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:23 PM

432 posts, read 1,202,324 times
If you'd like something a bit less cookie-cutterish, check out the Boulder Crescent Apartments and Cascade Park apartments. Both are run by the same company. The former is a two-block walk from the dozens of restaurants et al downtown, and the latter (just a few blocks north) is a wonderful old historic building that's been renovated.

Apartments for Rent in Colorado Springs CO | Boulder Crescent

Apartments for Rent in Colorado Springs CO | Cascade Park

Old 04-23-2016, 08:51 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogon View Post
If you'd like something a bit less cookie-cutterish, check out the Boulder Crescent Apartments and Cascade Park apartments. Both are run by the same company. The former is a two-block walk from the dozens of restaurants et al downtown, and the latter (just a few blocks north) is a wonderful old historic building that's been renovated.

Apartments for Rent in Colorado Springs CO | Boulder Crescent

Apartments for Rent in Colorado Springs CO | Cascade Park
My model railroad club used to fill the basement of Boulder Crescent. Back around 1998 a new owner wanted the basement for other uses and the club had to leave.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs