U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:41 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,651,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
I live in American. English is 1st language.
This was just too funny to pass up...I live in...American? "English is 1st language." Shouldn't that be "English is my first language?"

Me Bob. Speak English. English gooood. First Language.

Apparently they're not teaching English quite like they used to back in American.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,513,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
This was just too funny to pass up...I live in...American? "English is 1st language." Shouldn't that be "English is my first language?"

Me Bob. Speak English. English gooood. First Language.

Apparently they're not teaching English quite like they used to back in American.
I speak number one english same same before. Why you talk number ten?

Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,040 times
gangs arent a prob in the north east it more in the middle that has the problems

Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 AM

10 posts, read 23,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I actually caught some photos of some Colorado Springs gangstas

Check out the gang signs
Thank u , now i will never move to CS
With those guys in town ....

Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 PM

252 posts, read 812,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
ryanek9freak

No one said they don't exist but the gang problem has been diminished from it's huge presence in the early 90s when both Denver and Colorado Springs had an alarming amount of violence due to gang activity.

Yes, there are gangs specifically on the south east and toward the west but no one has blinders on about it. Most of us do keep up on the news and know where the pockets are.
COflower, I'm sure you're a very nice person, but personally, I'm really getting tired of you bashing the SE side. Read this thread..........
Properties on the Meth Lab list. Please don't make statements that are your beliefs rather than actual facts. I live on the SE side and we have no more gangs, crime, meth labs, etc. than any other part of this city.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM

2,864 posts, read 7,096,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
COflower, I'm sure you're a very nice person, but personally, I'm really getting tired of you bashing the SE side. Read this thread..........
Properties on the Meth Lab list. Please don't make statements that are your beliefs rather than actual facts. I live on the SE side and we have no more gangs, crime, meth labs, etc. than any other part of this city.
Hey Saxluva, i'm not trying to upset you or anything, but I just spent a weekend on the SE side, between CHelton and Academy. That neighborhood scares the crap out of me, to the point where I won't go there without carrying my concealed weapon.

My GF's house has been robbed FOUR times in the past 2 years, and she's had numerous acts of vandalism carried out on both her car and property.

Everytime I go down there, I see nothing but less than desirable people hanging out on street corners, presumably selling or buying drugs, and gernerally causing trouble.

I also see the police much more frequently than I do up north. And every time I hear of a stabbing or shooting on the news, it's in that general area.

Granted, not allt he nieghborhoods on the SE are bad at all. Some are quite nice. I guess there's just certain pockets.

I just hope someday I can get my woman and her kid out of there.

I don't want her daughter growing up in that kind of environment.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:51 PM

83 posts, read 269,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I actually caught some photos of some Colorado Springs gangstas

Check out the gang signs
ROTFLMAO. Anyway, I'm not surprised to hear that there is some gang activity, but to put it in perspective, it's nothing like living in LA. (Which I have, shameful to say.)

I drove all over the whole city for about a week and even at night I didn't feel threatened. Maybe I was just lucky? But for those of us "grooved in" to big-city scariness, it seems pretty nice around here to me....

Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:59 PM

83 posts, read 269,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
My GF's house has been robbed FOUR times in the past 2 years, and she's had numerous acts of vandalism carried out on both her car and property.

I just hope someday I can get my woman and her kid out of there.

I don't want her daughter growing up in that kind of environment.
That's just plain terrible. I hope you are able to do that too. Best wishes, truly....

Old 09-08-2008, 02:47 PM

252 posts, read 812,728 times
[quote=ryanek9freak;5170794]Hey Saxluva, i'm not trying to upset you or anything, but I just spent a weekend on the SE side, between CHelton and Academy. That neighborhood scares the crap out of me, to the point where I won't go there without carrying my concealed weapon.

You're not upsetting me Sweetie. Chelton and Academy is a very busy corner with fast food places on either corner, 2 strip malls, a Walgreens, etc. I wouldn't want to live there either, but that's not the entire SE side of town. That corner is almost as bad as Chelton and Fountain. quote]

Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 PM

2,864 posts, read 7,096,377 times
Good, glad to hear we're still friends. And Yes, Chelton and FOuntain is pretty bad as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs