Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:32 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,631,157 times

Advertisements

From the few times I've visited, I would describe the vibe as very friendly/welcoming. I saw an article of most unfriendly cities in the US and COS was on it. Total BS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 06:16 AM

75 posts, read 106,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyAt8 View Post
After being here a few months and with lots of experience living and visiting all over the world, I'll give you my honest perspective.

Midwestern/mountain. People are slow moving.

Very, very, very uncool. There's no fashion/party/anything considered "cool" scene or anything resembling it here.

Old. Outside the colleges, everyone here seems to be older. Lots of aging white real-estate types.

If you have a family and you're looking for somewhere to settle that's not too city or too small town, with a focus on outdoors and conservative values (and you have a job offer on the table).. Look no further! Colorado Springs is it!

If, however, you're a single male like myself who values some good nightlife and things that aren't hiking.. Stay away. Do not waste your time here.

I am admittedly biased, since what I came from and how I grew up are just MASSIVELY different than what this city values. I like to dress nice and meet people when I go out, people in this city where any faded out paint stained crap they find wherever they go and think you're weird if you care about your appearance beyond the absolute basics. There's a HUGE male to female ratio because of all the military bases, and most the nightlife ends up being drunk current soldiers or PTSD vets fighting each other. All the decent looking women are married and here with their military husbands.

My sweeping generalizations obviously do not apply to every single person here, but this is the vibe I get living here and that is what you asked for.

To be fair, I've never really valued the outdoor activities all that much, nor am I a super conservative type, nor do I go to church. These are the 3 main things that COS has to offer, and apart from that there's really not much else.. At least not much that you can't find in any other city in the country.
Thanks for your input. I think you captured the city perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs