Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 10,728 times

Advertisements

There is an older--much older--post from 2009 that discusses single men and Colorado Springs. Surprisingly, I don't think a single one of those replies answers the man's question properly. Here's my take:

Colorado Springs has about 5-8 military installations filled with single men in their 20's and 30's. On most given Friday or Saturday night at a good location down town, you can observe approximately 5 men to 1 woman ratio. On top of this, military is transient. They meet, get married, then often rotate out. Meaning... The available and decent women will be taken. The remaining available and decent ones will mostly be single moms, which are fine. The remaining non-single moms in her late 20's and 30's will mostly be physically unattractive. But you can always find a match by looking inside, their personality and such. The bottom line is this... You will find some of the more unattractive women in Colorado Springs in comparison to other states. Just stating the facts. Not being mean. Even Denver (though much better) will be weighed down by Colorado Springs.

Great for women to move to Colorado Springs. If I was a woman, I would too. But terrible for single men. Absolutely terrible in terms of finding a decent match. Avoid areas where there are more than 2-3 military bases. Colorado Springs has at least 5-6 (includes Air Force Academy) Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 02:45 PM

268 posts, read 341,469 times
There is much more to life than trying to hook-up.

I am sooooo glad I do not date any more but good luck in your endeavors!

Old 09-22-2016, 05:49 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,016,980 times
Gosh; I see pretty women here alot. But then again I'm a girl so I'm not looking through the OP's eyes.

Is it that there are not many "I'd nail it" women around or is that you would but can't because they are not single?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:17 PM

7,123 posts, read 9,193,455 times
I think it's a function of which socioeconomic group you belong.

I know a young attractive young lady with whom I worked who has an engineering degree from MIT and she complains that she cannot find a young man with similar education.

She can find plenty of young soldiers with whom she has nothing in common.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:47 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,913,828 times
The op is right I have a mansion in broadmoor bluffs several nice cars and I still can not get a women to save my life.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 PM

5,314 posts, read 5,039,092 times
From my experience in college in CO Springs, males outnumbered females by about 2:1 on average throughout my classes. I was an Econ major, which is probably a more male dominated field, but it wasn't like Electrical Engineering.

At college, parties I went to, the frat I attended, church I grew up in, random events in CO Springs... they were male dominated. There were pretty girls sure, but they always had a boyfriend or were engaged or married. And if there were single females, they got a LOT of male attention.

I always felt the Springs had a gender imbalance. It sure did in the social circles I was involved in. The military bases have a lot to do with it, but that doesn't reflect into the census numbers, so even though the stats say the Springs is balanced, I think in reality it is not. On top of the bases, CO just tends to attract more males, Denver being a case in point.

If you really want to test out the imbalance, get a Tinder, and try to find girl matches. Then switch it to males only and watch how many hits you get. It's unreal. Like every 3rd guy is a match but only like 1:75 girls will match (no swipe lefts), and most of those are not that pretty.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:37 AM

6,801 posts, read 10,429,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
If you really want to test out the imbalance, get a Tinder, and try to find girl matches. Then switch it to males only and watch how many hits you get. It's unreal. Like every 3rd guy is a match but only like 1:75 girls will match (no swipe lefts), and most of those are not that pretty.
That might mean something other than a gender imbalance by number. It may mean girls are less interested in relationships or that particular method of finding someone, for example. There are fewer females here than males by around 1 percent. In any given age bracket that can vary a little more, but up to 3 percent different one way or the other. I went to college in a very male-dominated field and so there were lots of guys there, but my profession is female-dominated, so lots fewer around me now. Some of my hobbies/extra-curricular activities are male-dominated and others are female-dominated and some are more even. For example, if I go play disc golf, there will be more guys. If I go birding, it will be more even. If I go to a yoga class, there will be more women. I would suggest expanding your repertoire of activities into some things that are new for you to try to find some that might put the gender balance in the other direction for you if you want to meet someone of the other gender.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:04 AM

3,959 posts, read 4,333,615 times
Being out of the single scene in this century, I can't confirm or deny how good or bad things may currently be in Cos. Certainly social media and automated data applications may have altered how the search occurs, but I would find it hard to believe that any of those mediums could really replace plain old face to face interactions, conversation, and effort to put yourself in positions to meet women. If your plan is to swipe and post while hooking up with beautiful women in your spare time, Cos most probably isn't the place you can accomplish that with minimal effort. Its entirely possible to have a regular dating life in Cos, but you are going to have to work at it. When I was single, I didn't experience any particular shortage of female dating companions. I had to compete with the military personnel then as well, so that isn't a new situation by any means.

IMO, it's like otowi says, you have to actively put yourself into places where you have those opportunities to meet people in general and women in particular. They are here, you have to go find them.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 AM

208 posts, read 303,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I think it's a function of which socioeconomic group you belong.
BINGO! I'm a married guy who knows a ton of attractive, smart young women who happen to be single. They want nothing to do with the military guys, and they don't tend to hang out in the type of places those guys go to (club/bar scene).

Old 09-23-2016, 09:57 AM

268 posts, read 341,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
The op is right I have a mansion in broadmoor bluffs several nice cars and I still can not get a women to save my life.
There may be a Russian bride in your future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs