Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 04:57 PM

6 posts, read 5,484 times

Advertisements

So my boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Colorado in a year or so, our only issue is we are having a hard time finding places to live that accept my Rottweiler. I was wondering if anyone knew places that allow our boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 AM

268 posts, read 344,953 times
As an ex LL I know these are on the "banned breed" list many insurance co's use for insurance coverage.

I made it a habit to first meet the dog and if I felt its temperament was good (well trained, obeys commands, does not jump up on you etc...) then I would always accept the pet w/ a non-refundable "pet fee".

Never had an issue so good luck! Usually it is the owners that have issues, not the pet.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:43 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,859,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbourque2255 View Post
So my boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Colorado in a year or so, our only issue is we are having a hard time finding places to live that accept my Rottweiler. I was wondering if anyone knew places that allow our boy.
You can do a customized rental search here ... maybe you'll find something, but having a pet, any pet, does make the search harder: PPAR.com - Trusted And Accurate Real Estate Listing Information

My sister had a Rotty and even though he looked intimidating, he was nothing but a big teddy bear.

Good Luck.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCurtisEstes View Post
As an ex LL I know these are on the "banned breed" list many insurance co's use for insurance coverage.

I made it a habit to first meet the dog and if I felt its temperament was good (well trained, obeys commands, does not jump up on you etc...) then I would always accept the pet w/ a non-refundable "pet fee".

Never had an issue so good luck! Usually it is the owners that have issues, not the pet.
He's a good dog, he's a big ole teddy bear. He knows basic commands and has never been mean towards people or other animals. He likes to jump up sometimes though if he is really excited but usually he is quite calm. It just sucks that the good owners have to suffer for the bad.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
You can do a customized rental search here ... maybe you'll find something, but having a pet, any pet, does make the search harder: PPAR.com - Trusted And Accurate Real Estate Listing Information

My sister had a Rotty and even though he looked intimidating, he was nothing but a big teddy bear.

Good Luck.
Thank you I'll give it a look. And yes they are just big ole teddy bears! My boy loves all people and animals he tries to make friends with everyone!

Old 10-06-2016, 09:20 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,859,463 times
If and when you get here, you'll have to check out Bear Creek Dog Park ... he'll be able to run to his heart's content and make many doggie friends:

http://www.bearcreekdogpark.com/

Old 10-06-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
If and when you get here, you'll have to check out Bear Creek Dog Park ... he'll be able to run to his heart's content and make many doggie friends:

http://www.bearcreekdogpark.com/
Your website was very helpful! I actually found six rental homes! Just need to call and get the all clear! We are so excited to move we can't wait! We are from Louisiana so Colorado will be a big change for us but we dreamed about moving there for years. And we will do plenty of exploring! I think we will all fall in love.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:06 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,001,310 times
Quote:
We are so excited to move we can't wait! We are from Louisiana so Colorado will be a big change for us but we dreamed about moving there for years.
Hopefully it will work out for you. We moved from a similar area, and also did the dreaming stuff about living in CO, and were excited, yadi yada. It turned out to be nothing like we were expecting. Between the jobs and the culture differences (in very unexpected ways), it ended up being a big disappointment. Dreaming and fantasizing about CO is easy, make it work in each case... well, the results will vary.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig2 View Post
Hopefully it will work out for you. We moved from a similar area, and also did the dreaming stuff about living in CO, and were excited, yadi yada. It turned out to be nothing like we were expecting. Between the jobs and the culture differences (in very unexpected ways), it ended up being a big disappointment. Dreaming and fantasizing about CO is easy, make it work in each case... well, the results will vary.
Do you mind if I ask if you can explain further? Especially the jobs and culture differences. Where did y'all move from if you don't mind me asking. My boyfriend is trying to get out the oilfield at the moment and honestly that's all there is in Louisiana and if the field is down you're screwed, so we are hoping Colorado can offer him better opportunities. I'm planning on going to college out there they seem to have good colleges for what I'm going for that I can't find here. We are kind of just looking for a fresh start. Somewhere new and beautiful.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:50 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,001,310 times
Quote:
Do you mind if I ask if you can explain further? Especially the jobs and culture differences. Where did y'all move from if you don't mind me asking. My boyfriend is trying to get out the oilfield at the moment and honestly that's all there is in Louisiana and if the field is down you're screwed, so we are hoping Colorado can offer him better opportunities. I'm planning on going to college out there they seem to have good colleges for what I'm going for that I can't find here. We are kind of just looking for a fresh start. Somewhere new and beautiful.
You can message me directly for more details and specifics if you want. For general discussion though, he will need to look at realistic job possibilities - ahead of time - and ideally have a job in hand before moving. Be careful of expecting an easy job acquisition, that jobs are oozing out of the woodwork here, and that it will be slam dunk. There tends to be a lot of competition for jobs here, and the jobs usually go to the most skilled/experienced. If a position comes down to two people of similar experience/skills, the more local/long-time resident will be chosen. Be aware too that states like CA, TX, LA, etc. tend to be looked down upon (to put it mildly), and that can work against a person coming from those states. Words like "y'all" and accents can be big red flags, and be used to separate yourselves from others. The more you deviate from the CO ways, the more difficult it can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs