Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:25 PM

23 posts, read 30,080 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Just landed a job today which will be located in the northern part of Colorado springs. -never been nor to the springs. Decided we want some weather back in our lives, some change, an long with no traffic such as DC traffic

Looking for some local advice on some areas to check out.

From the looks of things, renting a home with some character is about the same as a "luxury" apartment.

Still deciding if we want to purchase since I'm on the fence with the position being a three year contract. Who knows.

Would love to check out some places with character/cha, possibly walking distance to a store or two, safe and what you would recommend to a family member.

Thanks for your help upfront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 09:44 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Zero in on the cross streets of Research Pkwy and Union Blvd and a circle about 2 miles in diameter. Zip 80920.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:06 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,339 times
Monument has a lot of character and trees, east of I-25 in the Woodmoor area. Mostly older custom homes, but very nice.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,760 times
Character is hard to come by in the northern part of the springs as it is mostly surburban sprawl, so the thought of Monument is a good idea. Depends how far you would be willing to drive.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:45 PM

730 posts, read 769,459 times
I agree, things like Victorian houses and walkability is in the southwest part of town. Monument is nice though and the closest you will get in the north most part of the Springs. We live in the far north part of town but in the forest close to lots of hiking. But not shops.
Best of luck.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:11 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
If you want character and walkability, you probably want to live downtown. I'd recommend west of Union and north of Platte, Old Colorado City, and avoid the Southeast.

You might also want to check out this crime stats map: https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/co...springs/crime/

Old 11-02-2016, 05:33 PM
XFS

22 posts, read 37,826 times
Broadmoor is not that bad at all, including Southwest Colorado Springs. Southeast is really not that good. I got a brother that was station in Fort Carson, and he live in Fountain, Colorado. Also North Colorado Springs is very good place too. Here are some good places that you can live, beside I live in Atlanta, GA.

Good Places:
Northeast Colorado Springs
Broadmoor, Colorado Springs
Old Colorado City
Southwest Colorado Springs/Cheyenne Mountain
Northwest Colorado Springs

OK Areas:
East Colorado Springs
Security-Widefield, CO
Fountain, Colorado
Downtown
Falcon, CO

High Crime:
Southeast Colorado Springs
Stratmoor CO/Stratmoor Hills

Best School District:

D20 Academy
D38 Palmer/Monument
D12 Cheyenne Mountain

Ok School District:

D49 Falcon
D8 Fountain-Fort Carson
D3 Widefield

Worst District:

D11 Colorado Springs
D2 Harrison District

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by XFS; 11-02-2016 at 05:41 PM..

Old 11-02-2016, 05:51 PM

23 posts, read 30,080 times
Wow! Thank you for all of the suggestions and comments! Given me a lot of homework

Old 11-03-2016, 06:21 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
I highly disagree that D11 is one of the worst school districts. It outscores those on your OK list in nearly every area of measurement. It has a few schools that are problematic, but it also has some of the top schools in the region like Palmer, Coronado and Doherty, Steele, Trailblazer, Holmes, etc.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:19 AM

58 posts, read 75,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I highly disagree that D11 is one of the worst school districts. It outscores those on your OK list in nearly every area of measurement. It has a few schools that are problematic, but it also has some of the top schools in the region like Palmer, Coronado and Doherty, Steele, Trailblazer, Holmes, etc.
I agree. D11 is such a broad district you really have to look at each individual school. Overall I think it's a pretty good school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs