U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 9,842 times

Advertisements

move near the ELK mountains more mountain fun times there for biking, hot springs to swim in, hiking etc....could live in the Springs, and just make sure you have a good car to travel to other places. when I was little growing up in the Springs, I could go to the GOG and hike all the rocks and trails in one visit. You would soon get bored with the G.O.G. I also used to hike with my brothers through the foothills, from King street to a McDonalds to have lunch, but the foothills are all filled with houses. And there is a lot of regulations on hiking and biking now days. So, the Springs is nice to live there, and a lot of good people, good, healthy, spiritual, and decent people, (some people suck there though) and there are a lot of snoody people there, but overall all on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 7. Now closer to the Elk Mountains, definitely---------a 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 AM

2 posts, read 9,842 times
Default living in C.S.

Just Do It Tim. Move there and you will be glad you did. Make an appointment to hike up PP though. Both my brothers did it and they had an experience of a lifetime.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,538,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronna View Post
hike up PP experience of a lifetime.
How fit do you have to be?

Old 11-07-2009, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,655 times
I am so glad I stumbled on this today. After living most of my 56 years in Phoenix, I am trying to move back to the Springs, which is my birthplace. All my childhood summers were spent there with my grandparents, and now my grandchildren are there. It is wonderful to hear what I already know confirmed.... the outdoor life in CO offsets a lot of materiality. Good luck to both of us, Bug Man!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 AM

302 posts, read 760,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPackinBugMan View Post
Thanks again everyone for taking the time to respond.

At this point in my life I figure I have nothing to loose, nothing ventured nothing gained. Making the move out west is something that I have to at least try. New Jersey is just plain horrible anymore. Having done a little math, I figure my cost of living is 52% of what I make each year (at least). I rent a "cheap" apartment for $850 a month, not including utilities.

Having looked around online, I am finding most apartments to be around the $425-$525 range in the Springs. Of course I wont be making the same amount of money that I do here in NJ, but it should all be pretty relative to the cost of living. The way I see it, I'll still have to work just as much as I do now, but like I mentioned in a previous post, at least I'l be doing so in a better environment.

I am in the process of exploring a transfer to one of my companies sister organizations (Orkin Pest Control). Hopefully that will come to fruition, but if not, I am still making the move. Again, I appreciate all your input.

Tim
This might help as well as a cost of living adjustment calculator:

Cost of Living comparison calculator

Someone posted it on the forums and I thought it was really helpful.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM

631 posts, read 1,359,972 times
Honestly with your BG in mind just about any Front Range city will work for you (except maybe Boulder...). Just follow what you want to do with your life and any place you end up at will be a win.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,101 times
hi everyone.. i like what is being said about cs.. my grown kids and i are movingi out ther in may of this year. We are from the detroit area.. although rent is and cost of living is low here we are looking for a better life than here. unemploymnt is sooo high .. there are no jobs . I would love input on what parts of cs r best for affordable living ( rent) but close to mass transit and job opportunities....thanks to all

Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 12,044 times
my husband kids and i currently live in fort myers florida and are looking to move to another state because we dislike florida and are haveing a hard time here, we average 36000 a year together my husband owns his own upholstery business convertable tops boats etc......... (everything), and i work as a hotel front desk supervisor, we are considering moving to alabama, tennessee, maine or colorado we are not sure which one would be best for our family of four. Does anyone have any reccomendations for us? April

Old 05-08-2010, 12:09 PM

5,011 posts, read 6,700,875 times
Well, convertible tops and boats are fairly rare here - if they're a big part of your market niche there you'd have to reinvent considerably here. You can live on $36000 fairly comfortably here but not if you have much in the way of debt.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:15 PM

4 posts, read 12,044 times
Thank you for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or