Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 04:57 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times

Advertisements

I live in north Colorado Springs in Briargate.

There are very few houses in the area that are now for sale. During the past two weeks I've gotten several unsolicited calls on my voicemail from Realtors who "have a client" looking for a home.

Because I have no plans to sell I didn't return the calls.

Are any of you also getting these calls? Is this a new sales strategy? It hasn't happened in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 06:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
It's nothing new. They are trolling for potential sellers hoping to list your home.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:07 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
Phone calls, no, not yet. Mailed flyers, at least a couple a week on the properties I have.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:57 AM

58 posts, read 75,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I live in north Colorado Springs in Briargate.

There are very few houses in the area that are now for sale. During the past two weeks I've gotten several unsolicited calls on my voicemail from Realtors who "have a client" looking for a home.

Because I have no plans to sell I didn't return the calls.

Are any of you also getting these calls? Is this a new sales strategy? It hasn't happened in the past.
It's an old tactic still used today. Hopefully they really do have a client looking to buy in your neighborhood. The practice is discouraged if they don't actually have a client, but there will always be a few willing to do or say anything for a listing.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:10 AM

930 posts, read 1,653,895 times
Last real estate boom, when we were selling our old house, our real estate agent was in the room when we listened to the voice message of a different agent trying to poach us from our current agent. That was fun :P

Old 03-22-2017, 10:50 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
My situation is a little different.

I put my house up for sale last August, and then the deal fell through. It was my "fault" due to my sudden illness and missing a contingency.

I will try again in a month or so.

Meanwhile, I've had 20 or more agents call me to "steal" me away from my agent, whom I am very satisfied with. I consider it a cutthroat tactic and insulting (if I want another agent, I'm smart enough to find one without these constant telephone calls).

Old 03-22-2017, 11:10 AM

930 posts, read 1,653,895 times
Phetaroi, I wish you luck My neighbor listed her house on a Thursday, there were four showings on Friday, four more on Saturday, and two offers above list price (and she thought she had listed the house too high). I hope you have their luck.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:37 AM

1,020 posts, read 808,232 times
I'm in the same general area as you, but have not been getting calls. Though I just sold a year ago & moved a mile away to a brand new area. My phone # stayed the same though & I haven't rec'd calls here or at the old house. About a million flyers a day in the mail LOL, but no calls. Are you on the DNC list?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:20 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
I've gotten several unsolicited calls on my voicemail from Realtors
Compliment? Maybe you have a very nice looking home with a great view! Realtors could even sell THAT (or at least reap the benefits of MLS by letting someone else do all the work while they sit on your listing!, then show up at CLOSING all smiles and drooling over their commission check)

Be sure you are on 'no-call-list', but realtors are on of the worst abusers (time share mentality).

OMG, this was TERRIBLE during my 28 yrs in Colorado. Even with our 'party-line' rural telephone in the early 1960's we got several calls / week from 'listing Realtors'. Maybe that is why.... after over 30 property transactions I have used only 2 realtors (cuz the seller felt more 'protected' ) Miserable experiences BTW.

I do send strategic letters of interest to properties I desire to buy. I have about a 60% success rate. I close FAST and never bother the seller. They just show up at the title company, sign, and get the check (cash). Often 7 - 10 days, and DONE deal. no hassles, no delays.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:28 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,244 times
There was a post on a local Colorado Springs Facebook page today of someone having the same thing happen to her. She said they were getting door to door solicitations as well as calls and texts. She was pretty irritated. I think she said she lives in the Fountain Fort Carson area. Several realtors chimed in on the thread to say that is was because inventory is so low people are desperate but most agents seemed to think that tactic was not the best.

I have not had any calls that I know of. I don't have a landline and don't answer calls from numbers I don't know on my cell but no one has left a message. I have had a few mailings and some door fliers. I live in the central area just east of downtown, Divine Redeemer neighborhood. There is almost nothing for sale around here. A friend a few blocks away listed their Victorian a couple of weeks ago and it was under contract in a week. Asking price was mid 400K and they had multiple offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs