U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2006, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 14,661 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread, but hadn't received a response yet. So I thought I'd try again ...
---
Mike from back east: thank you so very much for sharing your research and experiences! And of course, to the others who have contributed, as well.

My boyfriend and I have been researching for many months on finding a place to move to that, also like you, Mike, had no humidity, no extreme hot/cold, no bugs, no immenent threat of tornadoes, etc. and is affordable. We've narrowed it down to Spokane, WA, Colorado Springs and the area, and perhaps even Reno, NV. [We're currently in Austin, TX and hate the heat and humidity! And I was born and raised in the MD/D.C. area, so I can relate to the comments posted here about the east!]

I am beginning to think that CS fits the bill the best, esp. after reading this forum!

We are both starting out as acupuncturists and I am curious if anyone knows the reception for acupuncture and alternative medicine in the CS area?
There seems to already be quite a few acupuncturists in the Denver/Boulder/Fort Collins (Northern) areas, but fewer per capita in the CS and Pueblo area. We're also trying to get a better idea about what acupuncturists are charging in the CS area - we seem to have found a general range, but nothing too informative yet.

Any information that anyone may be able to provide is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Fay & Charles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2006, 04:48 AM

14 posts, read 61,792 times
You could make a fortune in California. Of course, you'd need to to be able to survive here.

In COS? I really couldn't tell you.

Good luck.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:30 PM

24 posts, read 127,354 times
I suggest perhaps visitng this site www.csindy.com . This is Colorado Springs Alternative Weekly Newspaper. If you go to the classified section under the heading Body and Soul you'll see some advertisements for Accupuncturists. Maybe you could call them and see what they're charging.

The Westside/Old Colorado City area has a pretty big population of Alternative Medicine practiioners ranging from Accupuncturists to Qui Gong.

While many characterise this city as being pretty conservative I'd like to make note that the closer you get to the mountains the more open minded people are as a general rule.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Joel

Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM

1,742 posts, read 2,621,066 times
No worse than any other city. RP

Last edited by proveick; 08-19-2011 at 03:07 PM..

Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,654,186 times
@Ladykalous...I see you're new here. It's always a good idea to look at the date of the posting you're replying to. In this case, the original question was posted well over 5 years ago (about the time you were moving here in fact), there were only two answers and those were over 5 months after the original question was asked, and the thread has been dead ever since. The OP has three posts and hasn't been seen from again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or