Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:30 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaluzia View Post
Wow we are in "Baumholder" have you heard of that place it is right out side of Kaiserslautern, do you miss germany?
Yep, I loved living in Germany. We were lucky and were there before the Euro came into being. After the Euro came and the value of the dollar fell, everything got much more expensive. We did twice as much for our money the first year compared to the last year there.

Colorado Springs has some similarities to our life in Germany. There are abundant trails here for hiking and biking - something that you found everywhere in Germany. We have the mountains here - but possibly not as spectacular as in Germany with beautiful castles sitting on a ridge and large lakes (Lake Constance/Bodensea!). We do have some German business still here as Colorado Springs originally had a very high percentage of German heritage. We have quaint downtown areas of Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs - although not strictly walkplatz areas. We do have a couple castles nearby - one built by a crazy old fellow who doesn't pay taxes. I think you will like it here - although it will be a big change coming back from Europe.

P.S.: my online moniker is made of old Germanic words "Regin" and "Hild".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 AM

53 posts, read 204,941 times
Thank you for all the info, we are looking forward to explore Colorado this summer.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,082,894 times
There is absolutely Nothing wrong with Fountain!! My SIL and BIL (plus nieces and nephews), They went to Mesa High School and I really do like their neighborhood!!
They live off of I25 and the Ft Carson exit....then off of Powers and Sneffels.
In the 10 years I have been in the "Family",.....I have never heard a bad thing. My neice and her husband just bought their first home just 2 blocks away from my BIL and SIL...where my neice grew up (same house and floor plan as a matter of fact). They work in the major part of COS and LOVE their new home!! JFYI!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 AM

30 posts, read 42,799 times
I have to agree with most people here. My family loves Fountain. We've been here almost 5 years and live just off I-25 and the first Ft Carson exit behind Safeway. Our neighborhood was built in the late 90's. We love the area we are in. Small town feel with big town conviencences. When we first moved here, we looked at houses both in Fountain and in the "popular" parts of COS. Exact same houses where 20K-30K difference in price. Many say the area is what you are paying for and we agree...it's the small town feel with larger lots and friendly neighbors...and we paid LESS!

As for high schools...My daughter starts next year. She should be going to Fountain-Ft Carson High School and I've heard it's a good school, but we are putting her in James Irwin Charter School. It appears to be a better school for academics...and we are trying to get her away from a certain crowd of friends...Wife will have to drive her to school and pick her up each day, but hopefully will be worth it!

Hope this helps if anyone is wondering about living in Fountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs