Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:17 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Is there a charge for this?
I am not having to pay anything to use it - it is free on a landline/home phone. If you want to add it to a cell phone, I think it is $2/month/device.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 10:30 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,857,008 times
Quote:
Is there a charge for this?
Nope ... it's completely free*. Phone rings once and the caller get some sort of recorded message.

Works great, though it doesn't work on those local exchange number phone calls you mentioned.

*ETA: Just saw that Otowi already answered this ... I only have it on my landline and not my cell.

Last edited by mtngigi; 01-15-2018 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 01-16-2018, 11:14 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
"Do not call" lists don't work.

Never answer the phone unless you know who is calling. If it's real, they can leave a message.

I average 5 junk calls per day. They never leave a message.
That's not really true. When I lived in Virginia it was almost 100% effective.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:15 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Latest trick these creeps use is to make their area code and exchange match yours, only the last four digits are different from your phone number. This is a ploy to make you think someone local is calling you, but if you or your caller-ID doesn't recognize the number then don't answer it, chances are it's a junk call.
Heck, there are quite a few times that I look at caller ID and it actually lists my own number! And then there are weird numbers that aren't even phone numbers, and fake numbers that when I call back out of curiosity, it says the number is not in service. So many scams.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:50 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Heck, there are quite a few times that I look at caller ID and it actually lists my own number! And then there are weird numbers that aren't even phone numbers, and fake numbers that when I call back out of curiosity, it says the number is not in service. So many scams.
Yes, I've seen caller ID report 000-000-0000 any number of times.

Since "de-regulation" of the Bell System we've seen all sorts of abuses in the phone business...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs