U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:16 AM

99 posts, read 95,536 times

Advertisements

We are in the process of moving to Col Springs, but we cannot find anywhere to live....
Is the market always this low? I hope it picks up soon!
We want a 4-5 bed house on at least .5 acre for $460K Nothing out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 08:48 AM

152 posts, read 213,821 times
Larger sized lots within the city, like what you're looking for, will mostly be found within unincorporated areas. And there are a lot of them, pocketed in small neighborhoods throughout Colorado Springs. But, homes in these areas tend to not go on the market often, or stay for sale long. Have you considered building on an empty lot in one of these unincorporated neighborhoods? I've seen many empty lots (some for sale) on the north-east side of town...within this rectangle: north of E. Woodman Rd, east of I-25, south of Briargate Blvd and west of Lexington.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM

607 posts, read 319,572 times
It looks like if you go down to 1/4 of all acre you'd have 34 options currently under $500k.

Have you considered looking a bit further out of the city? Looking at homes with 3 bedrooms with a study, loft, or basement that could be made into 4-5 bedrooms might also work.

There's one in the Broadmoor area listed for $450k, 3/4, over 1 acre...that's a great area and it looks like there's room to add or convert.

Also, you're looking in February.

Last edited by abcdefg567; 02-15-2018 at 10:42 AM..

Old 02-15-2018, 10:39 AM

607 posts, read 319,572 times
Or one of these at Meridian Ranch. It says sites up to 1 acre.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...91075429_zpid/

Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM

5,003 posts, read 6,678,903 times
There is always less inventory in winter here. But your requirement for half an acre is also going to keep your options down.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:03 PM

99 posts, read 95,536 times
yeah thanks, I am hoping more will come on the market in March...

Old 02-15-2018, 08:07 PM

646 posts, read 340,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
Larger sized lots within the city, like what you're looking for, will mostly be found within unincorporated areas. And there are a lot of them, pocketed in small neighborhoods throughout Colorado Springs. But, homes in these areas tend to not go on the market often, or stay for sale long. Have you considered building on an empty lot in one of these unincorporated neighborhoods? I've seen many empty lots (some for sale) on the north-east side of town...within this rectangle: north of E. Woodman Rd, east of I-25, south of Briargate Blvd and west of Lexington.
I watched this area for about a year before moving here and never saw anything for sale.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:53 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
I'll agree with the previous info, Feb is typically a low inventory month by nature and we are experiencing record low inventory overall. Throw your half acre for $460k requirement on top of it, and you have narrowed your selections down to only a few areas within the city limits and houses come up for sale in those spots at an extremely low rate compared to the rest of the city. You will find much more selection in the county areas than in Colo Spgs proper.

FWIW, the few areas I'm thinking of that may meet this criteria would be the one shown above; an unincorporated (county) area surrounded by the city just south of Austin Bluffs and Barnes; the subdivision with all the "mineral" streets northwest of Austin Bluffs and Barnes; another area bordered by Austin Bluffs, Templeton Gap, Stetson Hills Blvd and Powers Blvd; the far west side of the city in the Bott neighborhood south of Highway 24 between 21 and 30th streets; and a few areas off Mesa Rd between Uintah and Fillmore, although this last area will be quite a bit more than $460k.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:14 AM

702 posts, read 442,309 times
We bought our house in Dec 2015. We were from out of state and had to put down an offer sight unseen because we lost houses that went on the market on a Monday and we couldnít get here until Friday and by that time they were already under contract. We have a 6 bedroom/ .66 acre but we had to do a lot of updating and cosmetic work inside and out. We are still updating. The market is very tight and has been since at least August 2015 when we started looking. Best of luck. Itís a tough time.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:34 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,630,873 times
Bought ours long distance sight unseen too year and a half ago and still updating as previous owners had not taken care of it. We concentrated on one area in particular while looking. We had a supposedly great realtor but we found this house on our own just through watching websites diligently and jumping immediately with an offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or