Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 11:34 AM

924 posts, read 1,020,894 times

Advertisements

do you guys seriously have to tail gate me and/or other people when im already 10+ over limit on the right lane? Even if I am on the left lane passing someone, within 30 seconds I have someone up my dam A** going 75 - 85 on a 65 when im trying to make a left hand turn on stetson. Im like bro, I F-ing have to make a left turn here. Im seriously going to complain to CSPD about people speeding on powers and tutt. I dont even feel safe driving my motorcycle around. I mean WTF is the rush? Trying to get to your job quick so you can work longer hours? Or you are trying to rush to that McDonalds to order that BigMac 10 seconds faster?

Im not sure if its people from California or Texas, but heck! Be a little patient will ya? Then people complain when they wreck! Never been in a car accident in my life, but this place might put me in one. Already been on 8 close calls in the past year; good thing I have a dashcam is all.

I mean what is the point of tailgating and speeding? We end up at the same light sooner or later lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 03:16 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,398,741 times
The "mean" drivers/driving was the biggest surprise we encountered when we moved here. There is little to no traffic enforcement so drivers just do as they please. Always 10-20 over the posted speed limit wherever it is - in town or interstate. I just stay out of their way as much as I can. And by the way, I came from Texas (native Coloradan though)

Old 03-12-2018, 03:18 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
Well, half the drivers here are from somewhere else. Combine that with the amalgamation of different styles and lax enforcement, and it can be pretty dang messy.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:24 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,195,479 times
Poll:

When you have the green light at major intersections how many cars are still turning in front of you (when their turn light is RED)?

1. 2
2. 6
3. 8
4. Don't know- too many to count

Old 03-12-2018, 03:31 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Well, half the drivers here are from somewhere else.
Blasted colonizers!

Old 03-12-2018, 03:43 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
I agree, I am born and raised here but in the last 5-10 years the drivers have gotten increasingly rude and impatient on the roads - particularly the self-absorbed angry speeders (and not just a little bit) who act like people actually obeying the law are the ones with the problem. I think part of it is simply a factor of road infrastructure not keeping up with population increases, but really there is no excuse.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:10 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
do you guys seriously have to tail gate me and/or other people when im already 10+ over limit on the right lane? Even if I am on the left lane passing someone, within 30 seconds I have someone up my dam A** going 75 - 85 on a 65 when im trying to make a left hand turn on stetson. Im like bro, I F-ing have to make a left turn here. Im seriously going to complain to CSPD about people speeding on powers and tutt. I dont even feel safe driving my motorcycle around. I mean WTF is the rush? Trying to get to your job quick so you can work longer hours? Or you are trying to rush to that McDonalds to order that BigMac 10 seconds faster?

Im not sure if its people from California or Texas, but heck! Be a little patient will ya? Then people complain when they wreck! Never been in a car accident in my life, but this place might put me in one. Already been on 8 close calls in the past year; good thing I have a dashcam is all.

I mean what is the point of tailgating and speeding? We end up at the same light sooner or later lmao.
Interesting thread that brings back memories from 22 years ago. I visited for a week or so on vacation in early 1996 and was absolutely stunned by exactly what you are describing here.

That's actually the most powerful memory of the area that I came away with and was a factor in my abandoning the idea of re-settling there at the time. Highway aggression much worse than found in most other metros.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:16 PM

12,846 posts, read 9,045,657 times
I was stationed there in the early 80s and again in the 90s. Have to agree worst drivers I've encountered anywhere by percentage have to be in Colorado Springs. I still remember there was a song "Pray for me, I drive Academy" that summed it up and I suspect it's worse now.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:29 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,858,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post

There is no point. It's funny you started this thread. Yesterday after returning home from some errands, I was going to start a post asking what the point was of speeding up to a red light.

I let up on the gas when I'm coming up on a red light, especially one that's just turned red. I'll look in my rear view mirror and invariably there's someone a ways back flooring it, only to have to come to a screeching halt at the light. I don't get the point of that, either.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:20 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,633 times
I’ve only been here a year but I don’t see any difference in driver behavior here than anywhere else. Some drive too fast, some drive too slow and everyone is on their phone.
So now I drive a big truck so I’ll survive the eventual accident when someone runs a red light and hits me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs