U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 02:33 AM

5,006 posts, read 6,683,532 times

Advertisements

Tons of hail - lots of baseball sized hail in populated area - mostly Security/Widefield/Fountain/Fort Carson - lots of broken windshields and skylights around here and flash flooding, power outages. Roof and windshield/car people are going to be very busy. Didn't even see a possibility rain in the forecasts I checked. What happened where you live?

My parents called, brother's house broken skylight and windshields. I did a quick check of my house in the dark and may have missed the worst of it but it hailed here in Security for a solid hour, so I'll have to check it better when it is light out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 04:52 AM

4,330 posts, read 4,354,278 times
It woke me up at 12:30 AM. I hope the hail wasn't too big but it's still dark so I haven't yet seen the damage.

I'm so glad I always keep my cars in my garage.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:52 AM

332 posts, read 163,915 times
In Briargate I heard a few loud pings on my gutters and skylights at about 12:30a and was worried it would be a bad outcome.

After a few minutes just soft rain for about a half hour- much needed moisture!

http://gazette.com/1604869/areas-nea...rticle/1627625

Last edited by LHS79; 06-13-2018 at 07:03 AM..

Old 06-13-2018, 07:12 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,081,271 times
Got some hail up on the Palmer Divide east of Hwy 83, largest was about 1.5 inches, but most smaller. Lots of lightning, a little rain, and then it was gone.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:25 AM

3,793 posts, read 1,467,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
It woke me up at 12:30 AM. I hope the hail wasn't too big but it's still dark so I haven't yet seen the damage.

I'm so glad I always keep my cars in my garage.
Man it sounded like a warzone out there. So glad I didn't park outside one of my neighbors did and one of the windows shattered

Old 06-13-2018, 08:21 AM

1,246 posts, read 1,631,738 times
Oh great...guess I'll have a nice surprise when I get back since I parked at the airport.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:35 AM

332 posts, read 163,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
Oh great...guess I'll have a nice surprise when I get back since I parked at the airport.
A friend lives close to there and said it was smaller stuff and just plants got ruined outside- the big stuff was further south (hopefully).

Old 06-13-2018, 08:39 AM

9,744 posts, read 6,273,073 times
I didn't experience damage though the storm woke me up. I'm up near Academy & Vickers, though. It wasn't bad there.

I'm upset this morning though. I've got a dear friend who lives in the Fountain area. One of those wonderful people who gives and gives and is just full of goodness, but she has had the worst run of bad luck I've ever seen. She got through two major surgeries, and then during her recovery (I think less than a week out) some punk kids broke into her home and burglarized it. Really tore the place up, stole her computer, her kids' game consoles and TVs, anything of value. Cell phones. If that weren't bad enough, her kid's friends told him at school that whoever stole his Playstation has been logging in with his name and saying nasty things to his friends, pretending to be him. And they used her phone to call her kids and the home phone and make threats. Her sons don't feel safe at home anymore. They've threatened to come back when the family is home and do them harm....in graphic terms I can't repeat here.

So she's trying to deal with that, and the criminals have not been caught, and there's a good chance they won't be, even though the tech might be trackable.

And now this. Broken skylight, windshields, demolished garden she'd been working on with her kids.

My heart hurts for her. I'm going to try and coordinate some efforts to help her.

It sucks so much when bad stuff happens to good people.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:42 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I didn't experience damage though the storm woke me up. I'm up near Academy & Vickers, though. It wasn't bad there.

I'm upset this morning though. I've got a dear friend who lives in the Fountain area. One of those wonderful people who gives and gives and is just full of goodness, but she has had the worst run of bad luck I've ever seen. She got through two major surgeries, and then during her recovery (I think less than a week out) some punk kids broke into her home and burglarized it. Really tore the place up, stole her computer, her kids' game consoles and TVs, anything of value. Cell phones. If that weren't bad enough, her kid's friends told him at school that whoever stole his Playstation has been logging in with his name and saying nasty things to his friends, pretending to be him. And they used her phone to call her kids and the home phone and make threats. Her sons don't feel safe at home anymore. They've threatened to come back when the family is home and do them harm....in graphic terms I can't repeat here.

So she's trying to deal with that, and the criminals have not been caught, and there's a good chance they won't be, even though the tech might be trackable.

And now this. Broken skylight, windshields, demolished garden she'd been working on with her kids.

My heart hurts for her. I'm going to try and coordinate some efforts to help her.

It sucks so much when bad stuff happens to good people.
That sounds like FBI stuff. If they are logging in they can track it to the source. Domestic terrorism.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:44 AM

9,744 posts, read 6,273,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That sounds like FBI stuff. If they are logging in they can track it to the source. Domestic terrorism.
I told her that at the least she ought to add identity theft to the list of what's being investigated here.

I didn't ask what her insurance situation is, I really hope she could get some reimbursement without her premiums going up like crazy. I mean, this was no situation of leaving a door unlocked, there were busted windows and the place looked like a scene out of a movie where the mob had tossed somebody's crib or something. She posted pictures. It was awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs