U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 12:53 PM

924 posts, read 1,030,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Cliff House, Craftwood, and Briarhurst are a little more upscale than jeans and a t-shirt. Mona Lisa you would be comfortable in that attire. Red Mountain Cafe maybe. Stagecoach Inn would work. Crystal Park Cantina also.

Or head oeast nto Old Colo City and go to Paravacini. They are awesome and casual. Tapateria or Wobbly Olive are nice. Jake and Telly's greek is fun. Or a little fourther east of OCC is English Dockside.
I could be wrong, but I don't think any of those places has a dress code - lots of "fancy" eateries in tourist destinations don't. Easy enough to find out ahead of time, though.

The Craftwood Inn closed a long time ago. It's now owned by the SunWater Spa people.

I second Paravicini's - good Italian food and now they have that antipasto and wine bar: Sopra Antipasto & Wine Bar

OP, another option you might want to consider is The Wines of Colorado. It's a quick drive up Ute Pass from Manitou Springs: The Wines of Colorado - there's a nice deck overlooking the creek or seating right down next to the creek. Plus they offer complimentary wine tastings at a little bar right in front - as many wines as you'd like to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 12:58 PM

331 posts, read 163,491 times
Quote:
Cliff House, Craftwood, and Briarhurst are a little more upscale than jeans and a t-shirt. Mona Lisa you would be comfortable in that attire. Red Mountain Cafe maybe. Stagecoach Inn would work. Crystal Park Cantina also.

Or head oeast nto Old Colo City and go to Paravacini. They are awesome and casual. Tapateria or Wobbly Olive are nice. Jake and Telly's greek is fun. Or a little fourther east of OCC is English Dockside.
I had quite a few excellent dinners at the Craftwood- we miss it!

Old 07-01-2018, 01:31 PM

5,003 posts, read 6,681,120 times
Another possibility in the Manitou area is the Iron Springs Chateau - personally I think the food is just okay but the melodrama show is a lot of fun. Iron Springs Chateau, Manitou Springs Colorado - Home Page

Old 07-01-2018, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 463 times
Wow! Thank you all.
I have to research to do now!!

Old 07-01-2018, 04:29 PM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think any of those places has a dress code - lots of "fancy" eateries in tourist destinations don't. Easy enough to find out ahead of time, though.

OP, another option you might want to consider is The Wines of Colorado. It's a quick drive up Ute Pass from Manitou Springs: The Wines of Colorado - there's a nice deck overlooking the creek or seating right down next to the creek. Plus they offer complimentary wine tastings at a little bar right in front - as many wines as you'd like to try.
Oh no, they don't have dress codes. Only place in town that I've seen with that is Pepper Tree and The Penrose Room. But, attire at those two Manitou establishments does tend to be a bit more upscale than t-shirts. I have seen plenty of patrons wearing nice jeans but that is usually couple with a shirt with buttons. I mean after all, clean jeans and an oxford shirt can get you into 99% of the restaurants here in town.

The OP could certainly call to verify.

Wines of CO looks cool. Never tried it though.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:31 PM

583 posts, read 1,300,546 times
Highly recommend Paravicini's. Outstanding food at a great price. Plus, it's the best Italian restaurant in the entire state.

https://www.csindy.com/SideDish/arch...-msn-lifestyle

Old 07-01-2018, 07:33 PM
gn3

147 posts, read 358,376 times
The Margarita at Pine Creek is my favorite restaurant in the city. It sounds like it might be Mexican food but is not - fine dining. Excellent ambiance.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Oh no, they don't have dress codes. Only place in town that I've seen with that is Pepper Tree and The Penrose Room. But, attire at those two Manitou establishments does tend to be a bit more upscale than t-shirts. I have seen plenty of patrons wearing nice jeans but that is usually couple with a shirt with buttons. I mean after all, clean jeans and an oxford shirt can get you into 99% of the restaurants here in town.

The OP could certainly call to verify.

Wines of CO looks cool. Never tried it though.
If you enjoy wine, the tasting counter at the front as you enter is a good place to hang out (if you have a designated driver, that is).

I haven't been in awhile, but never had a meal I didn't like. If you go, don't miss the carrot cake for dessert - it's huge and yummy.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenamy74 View Post
Wow! Thank you all.
I have to research to do now!!
I always forget about this restaurant. It's also a short drive up Ute Pass in the cute little town of Green Mountain Falls:

Home

Never been and don't know anything about it, but there are online reviews.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 PM

14 posts, read 16,756 times
The Rabbit Hole
The Summit (at Broadmoor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or