U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 07:20 AM

666 posts, read 987,914 times

Advertisements

Could this be anymore outdated?

A fee for using a credit card? Really?

A capital letter in my email? Nope, can't figure that out.

Use my correct email? Says it doesn't match my account yet it remembers it when you try to reset your password.

Login after changing password? Nope, you tried too many times before changing your password to let you try now. Account locked.

Wtf?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 09:27 AM

647 posts, read 340,571 times
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I haven’t had any problems with that website. A credit card fee is rather common for utilities and government agencies.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:46 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,922,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I havenít had any problems with that website. A credit card fee is rather common for utilities and government agencies.
yes and they are the only ones in Colorado that can impose such a fee. If you see a credit card fee elsewhere, it is illegal. You can be offered a cash discount, but can't be charged a fee to use a credit card.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:13 AM

666 posts, read 987,914 times
Now I'm more annoyed.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,080,586 times
And if you pay your auto registration online, there is fee I think.

Regarding the problems with the website..... I have seen a trend over recent years with software having many bugs, where if you don't do things the exact way they expected it, it does not work. I think software testing has gone by the wayside. It is one of the things that gets cut back drastically when money gets tight.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:09 AM

608 posts, read 319,980 times
Just wait until you get your first bill.

Actually, when we first signed up they only turned our water on 1/2 way in our house. A $700 plumber bill later....no apology, nothing.

That's after they threw away our online application for service because there was a small error, and we had to stay in a hotel for a weekend until they could turn the water 1/2 way on in the home we had just bought.

Then, in a 13 year old 1200 sq. ft home with new pressure regulators, new water heater, newer AC, and appliances & windows our bill fluctuated from $250-700. The high bill was after laying new sod however. Most were $400.

Then, we moved into a new build that is over double the size with only a tiny yard to water, and our bill has been between $150-500. It's mostly water. Our neighbors pay $150 with 4 adults and another pays $400 with 5 people.

Maybe our meters are all off. We don't have a leak, I leave the AC on 76 during the day...

I've been told we could pay to have a professional recalibrate our meters. Anyways, everyone we have talked to has been largely unprofessional and unhelpful. It also seems CSU is a major employer here to based on how many neighbors work for them...some things I've heard from employees (huge raises for made up promotions within departments) makes me question if that is spilling over onto our bills.

We're moving outside the service area, not hopeful it's any better though. Makes us miss the Xcel monopoly, where water and electricity and gas ran around $150/month in a home from the 1960s with old everything and a huge yard.

Rant over - check out their Google reviews & news stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or