Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 05:02 PM

31 posts, read 27,260 times

Advertisements

You all are awesome! So much information. Thank you! Can’t wait to see your beautiful area in 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 05:21 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,591,283 times
Last time by the Broadmoor Hotel I saw a couple of deer walking side by side down the sidewalk like they were on a date.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:31 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,887,431 times
Is the Patty Jewett neighborhood still nice? I used to love the older houses there - so well constructed and fairly big yards. I also loved the Wood Avenue area for its broad streets and lovely homes. Cheyenne Canyon is another personal fav and it's in District 12 which is a very good school district. Finally, I really like Manitou Springs. It used to be that you could find some real gems there on secluded roads that people not familiar with Manitou never knew existed.

I grew up in the Springs, and I must admit to being turned off by some of the newer subdivisions that stretch east out onto the plains or some of the new developments in the north part of town. No offense to those who live in these places and love them, but they always seemed kind of ticky tacky to me.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:23 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,912,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Is the Patty Jewett neighborhood still nice?
Yes it still great! The downtown area of the springs is still pretty amazing.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:21 PM

666 posts, read 1,043,679 times
Quote:
Is the Patty Jewett neighborhood still nice? I used to love the older houses there - so well constructed and fairly big yards.

Yes, Patty Jewett is still a gem of a neighborhood. Some of the smaller one story bungalows have been redone with second story additions, most of them done quite well. Bonnyville near the old Bon Shopping Center is also another lovely little areas, several of those post war bungalows are also being expanded. Hubby and I love to ride our bikes to Stir Coffee and Cocktails in the Bon Shopping center.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:24 PM

3,959 posts, read 4,331,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodlemomCoS View Post
TCHP, you live in my dream area you lucky duck! Someday! I tried to rep you but apparently I need to spread it around first.
Thank you! I feel very lucky to have been able to get in when I did. I'm towards the northern part of the neighborhood so I'm within a few blocks on the Bon Center one direction, a few blocks of the Lincoln Center in another, and Monument Valley park a few blocks a third direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
So it seems like most everyone likes where they live and most everyone also likes the West side/Broadmoor/ONEN areas.

Yes, it appears so! That is one of the great things about Cos, there is such a wide variety of neighborhoods, you should be able to find something you like!

Old 07-15-2018, 11:51 AM

834 posts, read 737,003 times
Quote:
Is the Patty Jewett neighborhood still nice? I used to love the older houses there - so well constructed and fairly big yards. I also loved the Wood Avenue area for its broad streets and lovely homes. Cheyenne Canyon is another personal fav and it's in District 12 which is a very good school district. Finally, I really like Manitou Springs. It used to be that you could find some real gems there on secluded roads that people not familiar with Manitou never knew existed.

I grew up in the Springs, and I must admit to being turned off by some of the newer subdivisions that stretch east out onto the plains or some of the new developments in the north part of town. No offense to those who live in these places and love them, but they always seemed kind of ticky tacky to me.
The houses there go pretty quickly, so it must still be a desired area.

Some of them do look quite charming.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:40 PM

930 posts, read 1,645,307 times
I live in ONEN and love it. The main thing right now are my neighbors. We get along very, very well- neighbors to my left, right, the two behind me, across the street... I see them often and we make an effort to get together- whenever we have people over, my neighbors are invited. We aren't the only ones who have that philosophy!

Today we got together because of a three year old's birthday party.

My neighbors are very active within the community as well. Recently I was proud to help plant some trees on the medians on Nevada (2100 block, I think). So much fun!

I did wake up last night at 12:30am with a raccoon screeching. I expected a dead animal around, but no. So yes I agree- animals everywhere. In the Broadmoor/Mountain Shadows/closer to the mountains, the deer are so tame you can hunt them with a hammer. (joke courtesy of my husband's late grandfather)

Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 PM

6,800 posts, read 10,427,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post
I did wake up last night at 12:30am with a raccoon screeching. I expected a dead animal around, but no. So yes I agree- animals everywhere. In the Broadmoor/Mountain Shadows/closer to the mountains, the deer are so tame you can hunt them with a hammer. (joke courtesy of my husband's late grandfather)
I got woken up the other other night from a screeching raccoon too - down in Widefield. I thought something was being killed but I opened the door and it stopped instantly - I think maybe this year's young were feeling raucous and arguing over some food or something.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:11 AM

7,122 posts, read 9,191,080 times
In and near Colorado Springs, there are quite a few choices for living. In many cities you just have flat small lots that stretch out forever, think Phoenix.

In Colorado Springs, you can choose flat suburban new, old downtown treed, foothills view, 5 acres in the trees, a small condo, or a double wide on a dusty lot way out there.

My advice is that you should rent for the first year. Visit and view all of the above. Decide priorities. Make a selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs